Thread: Believe

Default Believe

I believe my mind is spiritual because I cannot see my thoughts, but I can hear them in my mind. This forum can help me find a truth there. Thanks for having me. Curious/pauljames@brmemc.net

Blog Entries

Default Re: Believe

You can see some of your thoughts as expressed through internal visualization, right? Or dreams? Not through the eyes of course, nor are you hearing thoughts with your ears. So, there are internal senses. It doesn't necessarily follow that this metaphysical. I go back to the fact that 'spirit' whatever that means to you, interfaces with matter, our body, brain, etc.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Brain and body I can understand, but where does the mind operate, within the mind within the body within the brain or if we have a spirit within it? I hear my thoughts within my mind. I see the mind as a spiritual part of us, but I can't prove it. Matter is energy we can not see it, but it still is there. The word energy confuses me. How can I hear my thoughts in my head? Curious

Blog Entries

Think of it this way. You go to a movie theater. The movie originates in the mind of the writer, is interpreted by the director, cast and crew, is distributed to a theater.

It is exists on film (or digital medium now). It is played through a projector onto a screen. You the viewer perceive the movie through your eyes and interpret it with your brain. You like the movie as it is resonates with themes you like. Your date hates it.

Where is the movie? Is the movie now in your head different than the writer's movie, the projector's movie or your date's movie? Can you still see it in part when the projector is off?

Almost all ideas can be understood to have a source (writer/director), a means of preservation/distribution (the film), a transmitter (the projector), a receiver (the screen) and a viewer (you).
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-03-2016 at 11:50 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information