Thread: Ok DV glasses, WHOA, seriously? I have some questions

1. Default Ok DV glasses, WHOA, seriously? I have some questions

First if all, NOW we are talking. Ive had the proteus and then the Kasina for a couple of years and I have to be honest I got them for something other then the meditation aspects etc. Well I kind of drifted off from my original reasons for getting them and didnt use the Kasina much. Maybe about 4 times in 2 years. I need to lower my blood pressure and deal with stress so I bought the DV glasses, and WOW, this is how it should be, PERIOD. So AWESOME!!

My questions are.

1. I noticed some sessions dont change colors much. these are much diff then the regular glasses, Are there any sessions here or anywhere that are designed more for the DV glasses as they produce different effects?

2. Also Ive had my Kasina for a couple of years and Im wondering are there any firmware updates or session updates I can download?

Thanks, and WOW again. I will be using this EVERY day.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ok DV glasses, WHOA, seriously? I have some questions

Hi maximus99,
    I have sent you a private message with session links. Please everyone that wants to try DV optimized sessions contact me and I will send you some. This is so I can get feedback on them which otherwise I do not if people randomly download them.

On your second question check for firmware updates at http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina-s...e-revisions-2/ .

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Ok DV glasses, WHOA, seriously? I have some questions

Thank you, Ill check them out. One other question. I produce music and also have some nice tracks I want to add specrastrobe encoding to using audacity etc. Am I able to control the light strobe encoding at exact points during the music, OR does this just work on lights responding to certain Hz's as the mp3 plays?

Im aware I can probably find this out by looking deeper into the oftware but just wanted to ask real quick before I dive in.

Thank You

Blog Entries

There area some videos I made on our YouTube channel about SpectraStrobe in Audacity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06voah09XTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v3vR3fq8i8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8OtMcPbho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe8yY5naFiY

Let me know if these are helpful.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Ok DV glasses, WHOA, seriously? I have some questions

I watched those but didnt see where or how to work with your own music, maybe i missed it

Blog Entries

You would just add another track in Audacity, import your music to it, then mix that down with SpectraStrobe signal. Audacity as you probably know is an audio editor and the SpectraStrobe signal is an audio track with three high frequency light control signals and a tone that acts as the identifier for SS which is called the reference track. Thus, you would still need to use Audacity plugin like IsoTone to modulate the tone signals to produce pulses. It is hard this way to get detailed complex light signals but can be done.

If you have audio experience then the free MuLab plugin is a good color organ option once you get over the learning curve. Or there are templates for GNaural which is free and Ableton Live which is not. The easiest option for most people is Mind Workstation for really detailed control or NeuroProgrammer for decent control.

7. Default Re: Ok DV glasses, WHOA, seriously? I have some questions

Yes I have a full version of ableton live 9.6 plus its push 2 controller and have audacity also. awesome. Im going to check out your sessions this weekend. I dont know who made the Paternity session, but WOW, my fav so far. With the old glasses I never made it through a full session. I have the DV glasses on for over an hour today. sick man
    Last edited by maximus99; 03-27-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Here is a good thread with a discussion on using Ableton. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hlight=ableton It also has a simple template for the Sampler. There is a lot more to say about workflow in Ableton. The above is a good starter.

Best,
    Scott

Thread Information