Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue tunnel effect

1. Default Blue tunnel effect

Hello,

I just got the Kasina about 5 days ago and I have to say it's very interesting. I especially like the Spectrastrobe Athletic warm up recreation I downloaded from the forums here, although I haven't tried all the sessions on the machine itself yet. What appeals to me is all the pseudo colors and images that that track especially evocates.

There is an interesting effect on the track called 'Center' in the Rejuvenation folder. It starts at 17 seconds and ends at 21 seconds. It looks like going through a blue tunnel and ends with a beautiful patch of blue in the center of the visual field. I believe that patch of blue is created in the mind even though blue is coming from the goggles. This is significant because I feel that the focus must shift onto the purely mental realm in order to progress in meditation. I did a kasina practice with a meditation teacher a few years ago (blue kasina incidentally), and the theory is when you can maintain the color (through strong focus and visualization) in front of you, then the task is to make it stable, and then expand it spatially in all directions to infinity until there is nothing but pure blue everywhere. Then the meditator is very close to a high state of consciousness called samadhi.

Anyway, my question is how to make the same effect in Mind Workstation. What I want to do is make those 4 seconds repeat themselves continuously, so there is a constant supply of blue color in the center to take the meditation object from. Also, would it be possible somehow to contract or expand those 4 seconds? It might be worth playing with different rhythms to see what is better, although I feel that 4 seconds per repetition is probably correct for this particular effect.

I guess this is a question for Neuroasis...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Blue tunnel effect

It is a deep subject. I made 2 videos to cover the basics. Here is the link for the Audacity Mind Machine Suite: https://github.com/scottosx/Audacity-Mind-Machine-Suite

If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Blue tunnel effect

Wow, thanks for the guide, but after messing around a few hours trying to install the plug-ins and putting them all in their correct folders and enabling the .ny extensions in Effect>Manage..., this is the message I get:

'Your batch command of HighPassFilter... was not recognized'

Blog Entries

Did you overwrite the Notch Filter plugin that is included with Audacity? There is a new one in the Mind Machine Suite that takes the frequency up to 20khz.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Trindolex,

If you figure out how to do this, please let me know. Would love that type of session.

Thanks
    Gary

6. Default Re: Blue tunnel effect

I'm sure to post the session if it's reasonably good, but I can't get past installing the plugins...

Yes I overwrote the notch filter... I put all the files where they are meant to go, and other locations just to be safe.

Maybe it's to do with the equalization presets (the XML files), I've put them into the audacity folder but when I go to effect... equalization... manage... the import option is greyed out.

I'm using Windows 10, maybe thats the problem. Anyway I can only resume this project in about a week,

7. Default Re: Blue tunnel effect

same issue on Windows 7, using previous version of Audacity 2.1.1...

Blog Entries

In the last part of the first video I show what I did to edit the chain to make it work again. You may have to talk that step. Go to the file menu and choose Edit Chains, then open the parameters area of the chain and close it again. That should reinitialize it.

As mentioned in the video it seems that Audacity is in a transitional period, maybe going to 64 bit plugins. Their development has never been this active before (which is good).

I use Windows 7 on a VM and Windows 10 on two machines with no issues.

9. Default Re: Blue tunnel effect

Go to the file menu and choose Edit Chains, then open the parameters area of the chain and close it again.
    That worked

10. Default Re: Blue tunnel effect

Hi Trindolex,

Just checking in to see whether you have already created your customized blue tunnel session and how that experience turned out in the end. Your idea sounded really interesting and would love to take a look if possible :-)

Best regards
    Michael

Thread Information