Thread: Kasina Glasses without device

1. Default Kasina Glasses without device

Hey all,

I had a question regarding potential uses for the Kasina glasses without the actual Kasina device. Unfortunately, I misplaced the Kasina device (as in the white mp3-player-looking apparatus) and while I am obviously hoping to find it soon, I was wondering if in the meantime there was any way to receive AVS using just the glasses?

Also, on an unrelated note, I was wondering if it was possible to create gamma sessions on the Kasina? A while back I created a pure 40 hz session on the provided software, but when I tried to use it on my device it didn't seem to work (maybe it was going too fast for me to detect, but it seemed like the light was constant and not blinking on my glasses).

In any case, thank you in advance for your time, and kudos to mindplace for making such a great product.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Glasses without device

Hi Zensauce,

Unfortunately, no. The Kasina glasses especially. They have a very unique way they are wired that no other mind machine can really make use of. In most cases the lights would only illuminate on one side.

I hope you will find your console!

Yes, you can create gamma sessions on the Kasina. What you were experiencing is called the Flicker Fusion Threshold. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flicker_fusion_threshold This is when flickering lights are perceived as solid. The actual frequency varies among people but above 30hz is a common range. The lights are still flickering and your brain can track it, but the output will appear solid. It is quite an interesting phenomenon actually.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information