Thread: Kasina wooshing sound

Default Kasina wooshing sound

I've had my Kasina for quite awhile now and love it but there is a minor, or what I consider minor, problem it has and was hoping there was a quick fix to it. Sometimes when I turn it on and select a program I hear a very loud whooshing air sound instead of the music. I have to turn it off completely then back on to get it to work right. This randomly happens but stresses me out when I expect it to start the program. So how can I correct this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina wooshing sound

Welcome, Stanley!

I have never heard of this problem before. Some questions:
    • Are you using the included earphones?
    • Does it happen with any session or just one particular session?
    • Do you have any more information on when/how this problem occurs?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hi Stanley,
    Which firmware version are you using? Check the version under the menu Settings - System. The newest released version is 1.17.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Stanley,
    Maybe you could try a reset of your Kasina, it happened to me and it worked.

Blog Entries

Hi froggy,
    Thanks for the helpful info. So this happened to you as well? Being that we haven't had reports of it before then that is helpful to know and shows it needs further investigation on our part.

Is 'whooshing' a good description of what you heard? What were the conditions under which it happened? What firmware? Recent firmware update, etc.

Thanks for the info.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

BTW, to reset the Kasina, hold the minus Volume and minus Brightness buttons down while turning on the Kasina. Then when the screen appears press the center button on the control pad. This procedure is also on page 11 of the manual.

Thread Information