Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visualization

1. Question Visualization

Hi everyone.

bought Kasina many months ago and even made russian interface translation for it. but used it very rare because of total work overload. now i want to return to this mysterious item :-) and to find out answers on some of my questions.

first of all - visualization. this is why i bought this thing.
    previously i used some Korean mind machine (do not remember exact model name). it has no internal audio and was used with external cd player. glasses has only 2 (may be 3) LEDs (monochrome: red with one machine, green - with another).

i believe that it was not such advanced like Kasina, but! visual effects on that machine were STUNNING ! i never saw that before! using that machine was like space journey through endless complex geometry. that was really stunning!

on Kasina i see not geometry but colorful spots. yes, it's full RGB. yes, sound is great and features are endless. but hey! where is my geometry?! :-)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Visualization

The Kasina, especially with the latest firmware builds, has no issue creating geometry. A lot of geometry relies on square or pulse waveforms. Early mind machines only had these.

When SpectraStrobe was first released and when many of the sessions were designed, square waves would create 'pops' in the output and were audible. Better filtering in latter firmware and in the driver for Mind Workstation and NeuroProgrammer essentially eliminated this. Now from these software titles we can use square waves and pulse waves with duty cycles down to about 5% or so.

Due to customer requests, people wanted sine waves for their comparably lesser harmonic content. Of course, these harmonics are a big part of what creates the complex geometry. So that became a focus for a time. Now we have all the options we could ever want at our fingertips as far as controlling light waveform, color mixture, placement along the eyes etc through SS.

See my post on tips here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...4570#post14570

That said, the sessions on the Kasina also explore more interesting color mixes and effects that the power of SpectraStrobe opens up.

In the end assessment the best sessions for any given person come from when they experiment and learn to create their own or build on the parts of existing sessions they like.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-14-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Visualization

thanks for detailed information.
    currently creating my personal session is too complicated for me (or may be almost unreal) because i'm still newb in this theme. can you give an example of session where i can clearly see "geometry possibilities" of Kasina ? i just want to settle down for now with this and slowly explore principles.

Blog Entries

I just uploaded a recreation of the Proteus session Athletic Warm Up in the library. It has very nice geometry. Amazing geometry really in DeepVision glasses. Let me know what you think. This session is a good example of the 'old style' sessions where geometry was the focus (and stimulation) because of the limited nature of the device.

Also, be sure and try the onboard AudioStrobe sessions.

If you have DeepVision glasses then I can send you some sessions guaranteed to blow your mind.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Visualization

oh thanks!
    will try it immediately! :-)

i have standard black glasses. i want to understand current limits and possibilities of what i have for now before buying something new.

Blog Entries

Understood. The main limitations of closed eye visuals using RGB is that red has to be reduced if you want a wider color palette. This reduces the overall 'perceived' brightness a lot because red is the strongest. Complex geometry comes somewhat from 'phosphenes' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene which are produced more with brighter light.

That said, color perception behind closed eyes is a learned skill and gets better the more you with work with the Kasina.

7. Default Re: Visualization

just tried it. unfortunately it is not working for me: i see mostly blurry yellow flickering ripple (interference) waves (as with most other tracks but with other colors). not even a single geometry figure.
    may be i'm doing something wrong? (kasina automatically switches to spectrastrobe mode when i start this track)

Blog Entries

You'll have to play with it more. Your definition of 'geometry' is different somehow. I'm not sure that you are giving it fair chance. This is not virtual reality you know. If you can provide an example of something that does work for you, rather than something that doesn't which is not at all helpful, then I can assist more.

Best,
    Scott

Blog Entries

Try some of the AudioStrobe sessions with ColorSet 8 and see how that goes. Also, some of the Sirius KBS sessions.

10. Default Re: Visualization

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    You'll have to play with it more. Your definition of 'geometry' is different somehow. I'm not sure that you are giving it fair chance. This is not virtual reality you know. If you can provide an example of something that does work for you, rather than something that doesn't which is not at all helpful, then I can assist more.

Best,
    Scott
    yes, it is not a VR :-)
    it is very hard to speak about things that we can't actually see. and my english (especially in this still unfamiliar region) is far from the best.
    but difference between that old machine and kasina in visualization is absolutely noticeable. with that old device i can see shapes with sharp angles like rhombs, triangles and so on. with kasina i mostly see interference of waves and flickering planes of many colors. it is great but not such spectacular (for me, of course). i'm sure that kasina is able for that old school style (do not know how to call it), but i have no knowledge to describe or to research by myself.

Thread Information