Thread: Help on Dowloads

Exclamation Help on Dowloads

I'm very confused. I have tried updating firmware as well as downloading a new session.
    Everything connects like it's supposed to, and the display shows it's receiving a download. However, after the download the letters "bad" blink on the display.
    I assume this indicates some sort of error. What does it mean?

Also, when I download a new session, how do I know what session # it will be. So if I download 1 new file, does it replace session #1, or does it add it to the end?
    Maybe I'm making this harder than it is, but I'm confused???

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help on Dowloads

Hello!

bAd shown on the display indicates that the transfer was not successful.
    See here.

What version of Firmware is already on your Proteus? The number that flashes on the LED display when you power it up is the Firmware number. It's typically somewhere between 2.3 - 3.2.

When you download new sessions into the memory of the Proteus, you have the choice of downloading them to the Pxx (Program) bank or the Uxx (Utility) bank. Whatever you choose, over writes whatever was there. I recommend you utilize the Album function (check the manual) to sort out what sessions you are uploading to the Proteus and in what order.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thank you Andy. Turns out I had to lower the transfer rate to minimum and everything worked fine. I was plugged in to USB 3.0... Not sure if that made the transfer rate too high or not??? But it works fine now. I'm on Firmware 3.2.

As far as the session numbers, I'll look in to albums. So it sounds like your saying, whatever order they're when you transfer to the device, is the order they will be in in terms of session order. That makes sense. I had thought of overwriting the normal sessions with the complex sessions, but it looked like it was going to put them all n alphabetical order as they were when I inserted the in to the album. I decided to stop messing with downloads until I understood it better. Didn't want to overwrite existing sessions with a different order and then be listening to the wrong session since it wouldn't match the list in the manual anymore.

Thanks again...

Blog Entries

You're very welcome! OS 3.2 is the latest, so no need to update from there.

You've probably noticed that an album is a simple text file with the file names of the sessions to upload, one on each line. You can create as many albums as you like so you can order the sessions however you wish. You can download the factory sessions from the support site of course.

Enjoy!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information