Thread: does the Kasina support the thoughtstream biofeedback like the proteus does?

1. Default does the Kasina support the thoughtstream biofeedback like the proteus does?

Hi there first ever post and a complete newbie, I am looking to purchase one of the mindplace machines and I am interested in the kasina but i would like it to work with a thoughtstream to visibly demonstrate the relaxation benefits, or would i have to use the proteus if i wanted to do this? and what exactly does the kasina do that the proteus doesn't?

thanks in advance

J

Blog Entries

Default Re: does the Kasina support the thoughtstream biofeedback like the proteus does?

The Proteus is the only one of our machines that supports a direct connection to the ThoughtStream, as far as reading the values. There are several sessions that support controlling lights and sounds on the Proteus from the ThoughtStream. This is to be used as a form of feedback.

However, the ThoughtStream provides an audio cue (higher or lower tone) as feedback as well. You can feed this tone into the Kasina AUX jack and even modulate it (make it pulse) along with a session on the Kasina. A mind machine type session (called KBS) is required. This essentially will let you get feedback from the tone while also getting stimulation from the lights and the pulse of the tone (isochronic beats)

In addition, if you purchase advanced software like Mind Workstation (basic version would work) then you can fully control all aspects of the Kasina with the ThoughtStream. This overall is the best way to go if you want the most power and control.

You may be able to get a nice discount on the software or a combo package from the superadmin of this forum Andy, who is also our Canadian dealer. Canadian exchange rates can save you money. The link to their site Ayrmetes is in the footer at the bottom of the page.

The Kasina is quite a bit more advanced than the Proteus but the Proteus has a few nice tricks like ThoughtStream support and manual control.

The big items are:
    The Kasina is full color RGB with unrivaled control of all colors.
    Built in mp3 player.
    Infinitely expandable with cheap microSD cards.
    Mind machine sessions and advanced audio based sessions.
    Digital audio through USB.
    Rechargeable battery.
    Graphical navigation with session name, play time, etc.
    In continual development and improvement... with a big new feature update right around the corner.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: does the Kasina support the thoughtstream biofeedback like the proteus does?

What about if you have mind workstation?

Maybe you can use thoughtstream to drive kasina through that software?

Default Re: does the Kasina support the thoughtstream biofeedback like the proteus does?

Yes, you can use Mind Workstation to process ThoughtStream input to control the Kasina (as well as the Proteus and Procyon). NP3 offers similar control, including their 'bio-optimization'. The Proteus is our only product with the capability of being directly driven by the ThoughtStream.

Hope this helps!

Robert

Thread Information