Thread: OCD sessions help

Default OCD sessions help

hi,I have ocd(An anxiety disorder) and wanted to know which sessions are beneficial for me.I have used audio only BWE in past and the theta and low alpha sessions worsened my symptoms.Now the new Qeeg studies say that OCD patients have overabundance of Theta and Low alpha across the brain with a tiny region anterior cingulate having high beta thats why the anxiety with the obsessions.OCD is a very complex disorder unlike other anxiety disorders which are commonly improved by Theta bwe.The high beta sessions increases my anxiety while the Low alpha and theta sessions makes me spacey with a lot of day dreaming and over thinking.I have not used low alpha and theta sessions on an avs system yet.I just wanted to ask will the theta and low alpha sessions on avs have the same effects as the audio only?Because i have read somewhere that avs also produces harmonics so e.g. i am listening to a theta 6 hz sessions my brain will also be producing harmonics of 12 hz and 18 hz.If that is the case then may be it solve the problem of overthinking and day dreaming with audio only Theta bwe.Also which proteus sessions are most beneficial for ocd?Any suggestions?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: OCD sessions help

For complex conditions personal experimentation is what is best advised. Take detailed notes and gauge your reaction. I suggest that you start with mid to high alpha frequencies. These have a stabilizing influence. For instance 9 to 14hz is advisable. You will want to experiment within this range to see which responds most favorably.

Luckily, the Proteus make self experimentation easy. Use the USr mode which is accessible by pressing the middle button. In this mode you set the frequencies for a manual session. Start off at 10hz, then using the bottom button you can increase the frequency by 0.1hz. Let the session run for a few minutes and get a feel for the result. Manual sessions of this type are also nice because you control the duration of the exposure. Having to 'wait' through a session or stop midway can create its own form of anxiety if you are not thoroughly familiar with the session flow.

Try these suggestions and report back with your results for further recommendations.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: OCD sessions help

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    For complex conditions personal experimentation is what is best advised. Take detailed notes and gauge your reaction. I suggest that you start with mid to high alpha frequencies. These have a stabilizing influence. For instance 9 to 14hz is advisable. You will want to experiment within this range to see which responds most favorably.

Luckily, the Proteus make self experimentation easy. Use the USr mode which is accessible by pressing the middle button. In this mode you set the frequencies for a manual session. Start off at 10hz, then using the bottom button you can increase the frequency by 0.1hz. Let the session run for a few minutes and get a feel for the result. Manual sessions of this type are also nice because you control the duration of the exposure. Having to 'wait' through a session or stop midway can create its own form of anxiety if you are not thoroughly familiar with the session flow.

Try these suggestions and report back with your results for further recommendations.

Best,
    Scott

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thread Information