Thread: How to get the frequencies used on binaural beat CDs

1. Default How to get the frequencies used on binaural beat CDs

I'm sure I read somewhere that someone here (thought it was Scott, but not sure) knew of a program to learn what frequencies were used on binaural beats CDs. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find it anymore. I'd like to see if I can make a session around some favourite Hemi-Sync Metamusic tracks.

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to get the frequencies used on binaural beat CDs

BAVSA is the program. http://uazu.net/bavsa/

It is not that easy to use. The best thing to do is to make an example track in NP3 or MWS with binaural beats of a known frequency. Then analyze that track and you can see how the display works.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: How to get the frequencies used on binaural beat CDs

That's the one. Thanks a lot!

4. Default Re: How to get the frequencies used on binaural beat CDs

It is not that easy to use. The best thing to do is to make an example track in NP3 or MWS with binaural beats of a known frequency. Then analyze that track and you can see how the display works.[/QUOTE]

Hi Scott, do you know if it is possible to use .m4a (apple lossless) in bavsa, or is it restriced to .wav?

I have a few very effective tracks from Jeffrey Thompson, where the beats are mostly hidden, which would be awesome to sync up to the Kasina...

thanks so much,

Peter

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to get the frequencies used on binaural beat CDs

Just wav files. Use Audacity or similar to convert them to wav. As I said earlier it is extremely important to produce some simple tracks where you know what the frequencies are so you can study how the unique BAVSA display works. You can produce tracks in GNaural, SBAGen, NeuroProgrammer, Mind Workstation etc.

Try a simple binaural beat. Then stack a couple of beats (not really worrying too much what it sounds like, it is just for study purposes) Then mix in a music track and see how the it effects the display.

A few other tips:
    If you know binaural beats are present then if you mix the track down to mono, the binaural beats will become monaural beats and they are much easier to hear. BAVSA only works with binaural beats. It looks at the differences between the channels.

Use a graphic equalizer, as many bands as you can find. Most audio players and editors have them included. With this turn all the bands all the way down then raise each one after the other This will help you to find the entrainment tracks. Then you can make a more educated guess at where to look.

This eq is a good one: http://www.pas-products.com/eqstudio.html ... not too expensive and a shareware version is available. The Specrum Analyzer from that same company is good too. The Correlation meter in it can help you to see binaural beats.

Overall, it requires a lot of dedication and reverse engineering. In many ways your time is better spent learning to make your own sessions. But anyway, I love figuring things out, so I understand the desire.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: How to get the frequencies used on binaural beat CDs

thanks Scott, for this, and all your other posts and dedication.
    ~Peter

Thread Information