Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oceamniotic SpectraStrobe Eye Open

Blog Entries

Default Oceamniotic SpectraStrobe Eye Open

This is a remix of the AudioStrobe track included with the Kasina - Oceamniotic. This version fully utilizes both eyes and is designed for eye open use with the DeepVision glasses. Overall, a very soothing and 'submersive' water simulation.

Download full quality, like and follow at:
    https://soundcloud.com/neuroasis/oceamniotic-spectrastrobe-eye-open

Enjoy the ride,
    Scott

If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Oceamniotic SpectraStrobe Eye Open

Hey Scott, thank you so much for that! I wanted to share my feedback with you: I really liked that session as an Audiostrobe too, so I was excited about the remake. I loved the blue color, it is so soothing and feels like being underwater. What I did not like so much is that I felt that I could see mainly with my left eye, and I took off the DV glasses, and got the impression that the right side gets darker. It felt like there was something wrong with my right eye.

Blog Entries

I put a pan on it that moves between the eyes. It is a bit disconcerting at first as it is quite a new experience and our brain doesn't quite know what to make of it. However, when you relax into it then the feeling of the floating and being pushed back and forth by the waves is very enjoyable. If it is too much, then I will make a version with no pan. (or less)

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I will try the session a few more times and let you know if my experience has changed.

Tried again, after a while the darkness on the right eye does not feel so weird. The color is so soothing and the flicker very convincing, I really have the illusion that I am under the waves and they are pushing me back to the surface, where I see the sun through the water. It is a very enjoyable session and perfect for relaxation.

What is a pan?

Blog Entries

Pan in the instance of the light glasses is altering the brightness separately in each eye. In audio it is moving the perceived location of the sound between the ears.

It is interesting that you perceive the change in brightness most in your right eye. This must be your dominant. I don't think the changing brightness is weighted toward one eye or the other in this session. I'll check again to be sure.

However, I have often wondered if perceiving either geometry or just flashing light has a bit to do with if one learns to soft focus their eyes inwardly toward the center, balancing them. I personally notice a difference and with inward vision have trained myself not to have a 'dominant' eye so to speak.

Did you have the time to check the session? I do not think it is my eye perception. I took the glasses off and observed them, and I do think the right side gets very dark when the brightness is reduced. Of course it may be a problem of the glasses, but on the other DV sessions I did not have the feeling my right eye is blind. Did you get any other feedback on this session? Maybe it is really just my idea. I am curious.
    A head full of fears has no space for dreams.

8. Default Re: Oceamniotic SpectraStrobe Eye Open

Awesome job!

Very relaxing

9. Default Re: Oceamniotic SpectraStrobe Eye Open

One of my favorite tracks for SpectraStrobe, and the three-dimensional audio of waves is amazing. Gets me every time - I slowly drift into a realm between waking and sleeping, sometimes waking up to the sound of a slight snoring ;-)

One minor concern: At the very end of the track (after it faded out), the wave sound returns for a second. This always pulls me out of my sweet rest/sleep. Could you upload a corrected version? I tried to cut the last second out via Audacity, but it messed up the Strobe signals (must have chosen the wrong encoding values for saving, I guess).

Anyway - many thanks for re-working the original track, it has gained tremendously!

Best regards
    Michael

10. Default Re: Oceamniotic SpectraStrobe Eye Open

How do I download this?

Thread Information