Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kasina Editor Issues

Default Kasina Editor Issues

Hi all,

Editor Screen Display: I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop with the screen display resolution set to 1366 x 768. When I launch the latest version of the Kasina Editor the Editor screen is cropped at the bottom (see snip).Snip of Kasina Editor Screen showing bottom cropping on display.PNG

The same problem occurs whichever page I display. I don't seem to be able to move or resize the screen to access the hidden buttons. Has anybody else had this issue? If so, I would be grateful for any advice.

Tim

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Editor Issues

The actual window size is 1024 x 768. You must have your Display zoom set to 150% or larger. Go to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Display > Make text and other items larger or smaller. Tell me what the setting is there.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Sorry to say Windows 10 Display Management does not work that way.

According to Windows 10 forums, quite a few people are having Display Management problems following upgrade to Windows 10, including (as is the case with me) Brightness Control is locked on Max and no longer adjustable via Function and Arrow Keys.

I have logged this as an issue on the Lenovo Forum and will let you know the outcome. It is possible that I will have to uninstall Windows 10 and revert to my old OS, Windows 7.

Blog Entries

Hi Tim,
    There is display scaling in Windows 10. Right click on your desktop and choose Display Settings. From the window that pops up check your settings outlined in red.

Display Scaling.png

I have the opposite problem on my Lenova Yoga 2 with a high dpi display. The window is too small. I have researched today and think I know a way to fix it. I will update this thread when I have something working.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Scott,

Ya, I checked display scaling when it first happened. It was 100% then. Just re-tried. See first clip on the attachment. Setting is definitely 100%. I have tried altering resolutions too but all I end up with is the same cropped screen, only smaller and less well-defined.

So I tried the Windows 10 Compatibility Troubleshooter. See second and third clips. After the TS did its thing, I tested the Kasina Editor again. Still cropping the critical bottom portion of the screen. Looks and smells like a Windows 10 problem to me.

BTW, I have OTHER Windows 10 issues. My keyboard brightness control doesn't work now. The screen is set on full brightness and can't be dimmed by either the Lenovo keyboard or Windows 10 slide controls. That's a major problem for me because I have light sensitivity since my cataract operation. My Outlook and Excel programs in Office 2003 have major bugs for which the only fix is (guess what?) a paid upgrade. And what's more, since I have had Windows 10 more than a month, it is impossible to revert to Windows 7. I would have to re-load all my non-MS apps from source. Not possible.

I certainly don't recommend an upgrade to Windows 10 to anybody unless they have tech staff, time and money to sort out the consequences.

Hope your research is moreproductive than mine.

Best
    Tim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Try this build and see if the issue improves: https://github.com/scottosx/KasinaBa...ases/tag/1.5.3

Note this is a pre-release in testing so others can safely ignore.

Scott,

Reporting back. Downloaded and tried the pre-release. No, 1.5.3 does not improve the screen cropping issue.

Tim

Blog Entries

Hi Tim,
    As a test would you try to increase the font size with the slider mentioned above. Your window is obviously being scaled by some setting. As mentioned the actual editor window size is 1024x768. Maybe increasing the font size will trigger my HDPI code (or maybe not it is what we are testing)

Thanks,
    Scott

Blog Entries

I've been working with this more.

In a Windows 10 virtual machine with the resolution set to 1368x768 (closest I can get) at 100% display scaling the window is fine. At 125% I am experiencing the problem you are having.

Settings 2015-11-07 10.46.41.jpg

Settings 2015-11-07 10.47.29.png

So, somewhere (maybe the graphics card properties?) then screen is being scaled.

Still, my code needs to handle this better. I will continue to work on it.

Scott, I'm making some progress at last following your penultimate suggestion. Not a perfect outcome but an workable one. I need to re-work and re-prove the processes and will also take into account your last comment. Once I am confident I have the best possible interim solution sans any code update by you I will get back to you with the steps and the screen clips. Later today probably.

Thread Information