Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of machine should I buy

1. Default Re: What kind of machine should I buy

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Thank you for your kind words, Mind Voyager! It's a little hard to believe sometimes that we've been making AVS systems since 1988... 28 years!

The tDCS devices produce a direct current, unlike CES with its pulsed current. So there is no need to synchronize the signals. Scott has and uses a Foc.us, though I have not yet acquired one (I'd love to see a photo of his mind-tech collection one day), so he may weigh in when he next surfaces.

Best,

Robert
    Thanks for all your help Robert. I am interested in the tdcs device also, have put it on want list for the future.

2. Default Re: What kind of machine should I buy

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Hi Chris,
    As Robert says, in tDCS mode a direct current (constant signal) is produced. CES is modulated at 100hz usually or in some protocols 0.1hz or others. A device like the BT Pro (which I have now btw) adds a further layer of modulation (basically turning the CES signal on and off) that can be synched with another source like a mind machine. I have found by viewing the result on an oscilloscope that the incoming signal levels are quite sensitive and without proper levels much distortion of the waveforms can occur. I planned a video of this at some point when I can find the time.

The reason that the BT Pro does not sync with the Kasina by direct connection is that the each wire on the Kasina carries 2 signals of opposite polarities to address both sides of the glasses. This confuses the BT Pro voltage follower circuit. In theory, placing a diode in between can block one of the signals and then possibly the BT Pro would sync. I haven't gotten around to trying this yet.

The Foc.us device also has other modes besides tDCS, tACS (transcranial alternating current) being the most notable. In this mode you pulse the current at a set value in hz. Thus, if you have a simple mind machine session at a known frequency then you can sync it depending on how closely the two sessions are triggered together. At the very least you would be providing stimulus in the same brainwave band but with the tACS device directly effecting chosen brain regions (with electrode placement), while the AVS device acts at a broader context and provides something to focus on during the session.

Hope this helps,
    Scott

Thanks Scott, I am glad that you got a bt pro, They have a v2 out now and I do not think it has the av sync function anymore. You must have been lucky to get yours before they discontinued that function but the v2 looks good as it has more add ons and has an add on for more frequencies.

Be interested to know what you think about the av sync function and if you feel your sessions are more profound with it. As for The Foc.us device then please let me know if that is enhancing your light and sound sessions. Are there any particular experiences or benefits that you notice from using it?

I haven't got round to listening to those sessions you sent me yet, will let you know when I used them.

Thanks

Chris

3. Default Re: What kind of machine should I buy

Hi Scott

My mistake,i went on their website, it looks like they do have v1 as well as v2, v2 just has some more frequencies and some eye stimulation function but as you can get the extra frequencies by syncing with the kasina then v1 is all that is needed. did you see the magnastim function? did you get that with your bt pro? I might add that later but that doesn't sync with the kasina so not that bothered about it

Thread Information