Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Battery

1. Exclamation Bad Battery

It seems my battery has gone strange. It won't charge past 1 red bar. It was fine and this seems sudden - I do suspect the machine has taken a knock as I'd bought several light strips to make some different goggles and try out on our disabled boy (he loves them btw). Anyway, stupid me turned my back on him and he grabbed the kasina and threw it. That was a few days ago and is the only thing I can think of why this has happened, although it seems weird that it would hold any charge if it was broken from that.
    Is there anything I can do? I'm pretty handy with electronics and don't mind changing the battery if that is an option.

2. Default Re: Bad Battery

In the service menu the batt voltage seems to be stuck on 3.57 if that means anything

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bad Battery

Rob,
    First plug the Kasina is by USB. Go under the SETTINGS menu - Service. Check the Batt Voltage, Charge Curr and USB Voltage. What do those say?

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Ok, beat me to it. What do the others say?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Bad Battery

plugged in
    batt voltage:3:61v
    charge curr:0.05a
    cpu voltage:3.26v
    usb voltage:5:05v

unplugged the batt voltage drops straight to 3:57

Blog Entries

1. Is the green light illuminated on your USB adapter?
    2. Try plugging the USB cable into your computer and look at the charge current (0.05 is almost nothing, it should be closer to 1.00)
    3. Try another USB cable if you have one
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

The charge curr seems really low if your battery level is low. For reference at a full charge mine says: 4.19V for Batt Voltage Charge Curr started at 0.09A (and gets lower as charge progress, mine is mostly full at this point)

I sent you a PM.

Blog Entries

USB Voltage looks good.

9. Default Re: Bad Battery

Tried with several chargers and cables - I usually just leave it leaching off the mac power and it's been fine. Even the iPad charger is the same.

10. Default Re: Bad Battery

ok, thanks for the assistance. The battery holder had gotten free from its holding pin slot things. The charge curr has gone up to .93. maybe something was touching the usb port ?? I couldn't say.
    I had been experimenting with the google cardboard vr box I'd mentioned in the thread about the lightstrips. Our boy loves that, but he won't wear anything on his head - hats, glasses, anything. He will hold the vr box like binoculars, and the kasina just fits inside with the lightstrips taped to the back of it. It was working well and I was hoping it might help mellow him out. Not then as he just flung the whole thing and it fell out. At least found it funny. Time to get some foam in there.

Thanks again

Thread Information