Thread: On the fence about buying DV glasses for Kasina

1. Default On the fence about buying DV glasses for Kasina

To all of you DeepVision glasses users...

I'm intrigued by the new DV glasses for the Kasina and think about buying one. But I'm not particularly drawn to eyes-open sessions and basically don't care too much about kaleidoscopic images. I'm a bit worried that maybe the new glasses won't add much to the sessions as I do them using the normal glasses. I already use the maximum intensity of the current glasses in most cases, and sometimes wish they could be set a little brighter still. I wonder if the DV glasses will be bright enough for me.

2. Default Re: On the fence about buying DV glasses for Kasina

They aren't that kaleidoscopic that I've noticed yet. The big improvement for me is that sometimes, when relaxed, it's more of an effort to keep my eyes closed than just leaving the half open. That's really it - it's a more relaxed experience - and colorful. The colors are rather splendid. They seem brighter with eyes open, but they're about the same when closed on full white.

Blog Entries

Default Re: On the fence about buying DV glasses for Kasina

The DeepVision glasses have a number of reasons to recommend them.

The biggest assest is that the full color spectrum is available now. Blues, violets and yellows behind closed eyes simply cannot compare. Many scenes that I have wanted to visualize and simulate like blue skies, water, positive sunny yellows, etc just do not work as well when your eyes are closed. You have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks. With DV you can not only simulate these in exquisite jaw dropping color but it also helps with your closed eye visualizations as you learn.

The full realm of color therapy becomes available.

Same thing with patterns: seeing them with open eyes is a breakthrough experience and it makes it even easier to recognize them when your eyes are closed. Some of the details you see at times are paradigm shifting. I will talk much more about this in the future.

One of the most important aspects of the DV glasses are their use in neuro/biofeedback applications. One really wants to use color as feedback for sensor readings. With closed eye color this is not as optimal as it is with open eyes. Even if most of your meditation is with the eyes closed, it is gratifying and helpful to be able to peek or glance at the glasses to check color feedback. You have a much larger range of possibilities.

One more major advantage is that when you are designing sessions you see the colors that are generated directly. No more do you have to put on the glasses and let your eyes adjust to see what colors you are producing with your settings. I have a special display system I used for this but the DV glasses work very well for this purpose and I can also put them on to experience the session during design.

I find the DV glasses to be very stimulating and energizing with the right settings. For brainstorming, creativity, brain brightening and cognitive enhancement - rehabilitation applications, I think this technology will prove to be very useful.

As far as brightness, with the eyes open they are very bright, even at times too dazzling with certain color combinations. Of course you can turn down the brightness. With closed eye use in the past I have pushed brightness to high limits even using multiple light strips in my Etz Chaim glasses. But what I find now is that I was searching for images and colors that I knew were there but are dulled and muted behind closed eyes.

With the DV, I get my fix of all the amazing images and colors I want and then can settle in to closed eye sessions for the 'inner images' and pursue deeper levels of meditation without always 'looking' for something I am missing. DV has proven to me that it was there and I was only seeing a pale shadow. Now I accept both types of experiences for their particular strengths.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 10-26-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: On the fence about buying DV glasses for Kasina

Well, that settles it then. I'm practically drooling now

Scott, Rob, thanks for your feedback and opinion.

Just to clarify this for myself Scott, Kasina comes with glasses with one colored light, while those DeepVision had the full color spectrum?

Other than buying the DV glasses are there anything that needs to be purchase for the device, in order to make those DV glasses workable (say like a software that needs to be installed on it etc.)?

Thank you!

Blog Entries

Actually the DeepVision glasses are a new release designed for eye open use. Think of them like screens, for color projection. They are a premium addon accessory.

The Kasina comes with glasses that are intended to be used with closed eyes. They have Red, Green and Blue LEDs (2 Red, 4 Green and 6 Blue for better closed eye color balance). They have a sunglasses form factor.

Nothing else is required for the using the Kasina. We include the Kasina console with an 8GB microSD card with around 100 sessions, but with plenty of storage left. More sessions are available here for download. A USB cable for computer connection and charging is included. A microSD card adapter for laptop or devices that have an SD card slot, a printed quick start manual. Software is available for download here: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/#software A soft case, universal power supply, earbud headphones and an audio cable as well.

You can read the manual here: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/#manuals.

Some people do buy large microSD cards if they plan to put a lot of music on the card. You might need a USB SD card reader if your computer does not have a SD card slot like this: http://amzn.to/1M0o8bl You can transfer file by USB (the Kasina mounts like a hard drive) but it is slower. Some people also buy an extra set of glasses and a splitter cable like this: http://amzn.to/1PXG8bv This is so 2 people can share the experience.

We do offer just the light strips that go in the glasses for sale separately if a person wanted to make their own additional glasses, goggles, sleep mask, etc. There are some example projects here on the forum and at our YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/themindplace

For most people these are personalized niceties and not required. Everything needed is in the box.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks Scott for you response.

Thread Information