Thread: Problem - Editor won't accept other micro SD card

1. Default Problem - Editor won't accept other micro SD card

Something is going on that I don't understand. A week ago I bought a 16Gb micro SD card to replace the original 8Gb one, so I'd have more place for my custom sessions. I made a backup of the whole card and put that on the new card. The Kasina had no problem, and I was able to upload a custom session from MWS to the Kasina. No problem.

The last night I wanted to save another MWS session to the Kasina. Although MWS seemed to recognize the device (showing the two buttons Play with K. and Upload to K, the uploading only gave me error messages, claiming to have stumbled onto an unknown error. I solved this by saving the session to my desktop and then copying the file to the card using Windows Explorer. I wanted to put the file in the MWS session-folder on the Kasina, so I started the Editor. But the editor said that Kasina wasn't mounted.

Eventually I found out that the problem didn't happen when I used the original 8Gb card. So I got rid of my original backup and made a new backup, and tried to put the new backup on the new 1`6Gb card. Same problem. What am I doing wrong?

I should mention that somewhere in this process I encountered the problem again as described in tyhis thread: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=backup+editor

I did what Scott suggested, looked up the Appdata file and found the two values back at -32000. Followed the rest of the procedure and eventually I was able to maximize the Browser window again. Not too sure if this has anything to do with the first problem.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem - Editor won't accept other micro SD card

Hi Ard,
    On your new card do you have the folder named KASINA with a file named KasinaSD.id? That file should just contain the word KasinaSD.id on the top line. This folder and file is required for software to recognize the Kasina SD card.

And are you still getting the error with the KBS Editor update here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...-now-available ?

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Problem - Editor won't accept other micro SD card

Hi Scott,

Yes, I have that file just like you said. It's in the sixth folder on the card. And I downloaded the update right away when it came out.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem - Editor won't accept other micro SD card

What did you name the SD card? Kasina SD? That technically shouldn't matter but maybe. Try and name it like the original. Otherwise check if for some reason the card has become locked. http://www.instructables.com/id/Remo...n-a-Micro-SD./

I can't believe that this window thing still exists. It is giving me fits because I cannot get it to do it on any of my machines. The code when the window opens checks for realistic values (including now specifically the -32000 values) but apparently something is still bypassing this code. I'll need to dig deeper.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Problem - Editor won't accept other micro SD card

I didn't name the new card. I guess that's what did it. As soon as I named it (Kasina SD), everything was good. Thanks man!

I'll keep an eye out for the browser-not-maximizing thing. For now, all's acting normal.

Thread Information