Thread: KBS Editor v1.5.2 now available

Blog Entries

Default KBS Editor v1.5.2 now available

Windows and Mac Downloads here: http://mindplacesupport.com/kbse

Release notes:
    Kasina Basic Session Editor v1.5.2 - October 2015

• Better screen coordinates sensing for KBSE window. Should not appear offscreen any longer.
    • Name and email address required in Bug Reports, so that communication on issue is possible.
    • Email will not be used for any other purpose.
    • Better bug reporting with detailed trace log.
    • Hold Shift key during app launch to delete preferences file and reset window position. Hopefully, never needed.
    • Mac only - application name changed to Kasina Basic Session Editor for crossplatform consistency. Will need to delete MindPlace Kasina Editor from your Applications folder.

Please report any bugs or issues using the Report a Bug form under the Help menu in the software.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: KBS Editor v1.5.2 now available

Excellent! Great work, Scott.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Neuroasis,

Thanks for the Editor update v1.5.2. I will implement it later today.

I came to the Forum to find out whether anybody had experienced this problem: I recently upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 (I took advantage of MS's free upgrade offer!). I tried to use my Editor yesterday to create a new session using the Wizard. That work fine - the new session was created on my laptop. However, when I tried to use bring up the the browser to save the new session to my Kasina, the browser wouldn't work. My immediate suspicion was a Windows 10-related issue. Has anybody experienced this problem, and if so, what is the workaround?
    Thanks,
    Tim

Blog Entries

Hi Tim,
    I haven't yet experienced a Windows 10 problem with the browser on my test environments but word is that there are a lot of different 'vendor' tweaks from different PC manufacturers that are causing issues on some systems and not others.

When you say that the Browser doesn't work, how do you mean exactly? The buttons become enabled because the Kasina is recognized as mounted, you click one of the buttons to open it and then what happens? No window? Window shows but no files? File copy doesn't work?

With more information from you or others, I will isolate the issue and fix it.

Thanks for your report.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Scott,
    No worries, all is fine now. My error - I was not following SOP. Thanks for your quick response anyway.
    Tim

Sweet !

Done.

Thanks Scott !

Thread Information