Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kasina editor won't start up

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina editor won't start up

You shouldn't need to restart the computer. Use the Task Manager to close the editor. Delete the file and open it again. It should be restored. I am monitoring this thread so I will walk you through any issues. I am also fixing up a patch version and will release it today.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Ard,
    Use Task Manager to force quit the Kasina Basic Editor app. Open the preferences file in a text editor like NotePad. Change the numbers -32000 for top and left to 100. Save the preferences file in the same place with the same name. Open the editor again. Move the window around and then close the editor. Tell me if the coordinates are stored correctly after this. I am preparing a patch now and it will be available today.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Kasina editor won't start up

I did all that. The coordinates were stored correctly, the values still being 100 instead of -32000. And the browser window is behaving as it should. All's back to normal. A big thank you to Scott and the others here

Blog Entries

As mentioned I will release a patch today. Just about finished. Now I have gotten enough users to report that it seems to always report -32000 when there is this bug then it makes it easier to test for this and fix it. Bug reports help. Thank you for the communication and your patience.

Best,
    Scott

Just had it happen to me with Windows 10 and Kasina Internal Version 1.5.2.365. the last step of http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...eyboard-trick/ worked for me:

"First make sure you’ve got the off-screen window selected as the active window. You can do this by pressing Alt+Tab until that window is active or clicking the associated taskbar button.

After you’ve got the window active, Shift+right-click the taskbar button (because just right-clicking will open the app’s jumplist instead) and choose the “Move” command from the context menu.

At this point, note that your cursor changes to a “Move” cursor. Now, you can use your arrow keys to move the window. ..."

Got it back

Best,
    Jon

Blog Entries

Nice trick, Jon!

Thank you for sharing it.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information