Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon DeepVision

1. Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

Neuroasis,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I didn't realize the Kasina used sine waves for the LEDs, I just thought everything used pulse/square waves since it seems simpler to implement and I remember reading Robert Austin's comments regarding shortening the pulse width/duty cycle for high frequencies on the Procyon. I have to say that I love my Proteus but am eager to see what the full color thing is all about. Programming the Proteus isn't too bad although it is kind of a drag transferring sessions.

The Kasina seems like a snap to program using the Basic Editor and transferring is effortless with the SD card. I downloaded the editor and played around with it a lot. I'm really just trying to create sessions that match the length of the music I want to use. With the Proteus I typically run the built in sessions or run it in manual if I am using it alongside music rather than mess with programming.\

Thanks for clearing everything up. I am close to pulling the trigger on the Kasina and everything seemed great but I was a bit hesitant since I saw some people still preferring the Procyon. The Kasina just has so many advantages, it seems like the way to go and now hearing that you guys might add the other waveforms to the OS, whatever plus the Procyon had is negated.

One more question if you don't mind. Deepvision glasses. Are these just for open eye or are they better than the regular Kasina glasses for eyes closed too? I see everyone pretty much raving about the Deepvisions but just wondered how necessary they were if I am going to be primarily doing eyes closed. I'm not sure if eyes open is beneficial, is it only good for high frequency sessions? Do you really do the whole session eyes open like Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange or is it something where you sneak a peek every now and then?

Just wanted to see how much I'd be using them if I had both sets of glasses. What do you use mostly with the Kasina?

Thanks again for the help.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

I almost exclusively use DeepVision glasses now, both on Procyon and Kasina, even some with the Proteus. With the Proteus I still like the white Ganzframes a lot. The DV glasses with closed eyes are somewhat less bright, however, your eyes rapidly adjust to a very nice color range. I have mentioned elsewhere that you can 'charge' colors by getting a peek or with eyes half closed for a bit. I usually start a DV session with my eyes open for enjoyment, priming, and 'frequency leading' from awake state. Then I will transition to half closed about 8 minutes or so in (which for me is when the session really starts to take effect), then when it feels right I go to full closed eyes for the remainder. Maybe I will come back out to half eye and then full open depending on the intent. I find this method to be the best of all worlds and very natural and comfortable.

In the same manner, short sessions with the DV glasses are great 'siestas' and take no effort for our eyes to adapt. I always want to emphasize as no one else talks about this but I mix audio (SS and AS) and KBS sessions in a playlist all the time. I love the freedom to do this.

With close eyes only I would sometimes struggle to relax into the session as it was too 'hard' of a transition. Being forced to close your eyes when you don't fully want to can be a distraction. I have learned to much prefer the smooth transitions that DV provides.

The Procyon has great control of duty cycle. Using audio tools this is not always as easy. The new KBS format will have duty cycle controls for the rectangular waves. The new KBS format if I may say is a certainty and rather soon. The last few bugs are being ironed out.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

Incredible job designing these frames! I remember a few years back when I bought the procyon I realized that open eye was for me and I used to put tissue over the frames sometimes... but it was not a great solution. This product is simply stunning! They are comfortable and fill ones vision with solid color yielding some very desirable and interesting effects! Thanks so much for your hard work designing these.

I see you've said that there are some new programs you have developed for the procyon in combination with the deep vision frames... I do not own a windows machine, is there any way to upload them to the procyon using Mac OS?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

Thanks. The team really made something special with the DeepVison glasses. OCD has its uses

Not yet on Procyon transfer from Mac unfortunately. I have tackled this problem many times but I do not feel 100% confident that I have all the encoding right. The original Procyon engineer is no longer available to us. It is really hard to test sessions to be sure if they transferred properly. The Procyon format does a type of compression to save space and a small error can affect many subsequent settings.

I do have some measure of new apps that work with Mac which I play with internally. The focus is on live real time control. They work pretty well but I haven't had requests from Mac users so I keep playing with them at my leisure. If you want to try one and are willing to give leeway then please contact me.

Also, don't forget how easy it is to run Windows on a Mac these days, or find a friend/family member with a PC.

I do love the Procyon and hope to have something worth releasing.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information