Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon DeepVision

Blog Entries

Default Procyon DeepVision

I'm going to hype a bit here, be forewarned...

Procyon owners, the beast is back and better than ever! With the release of the Procyon DeepVision Eye Open glasses we will be including a whole new set of sessions designed for unreal color, awe-inspiring geometry and deep, detailed fractals.

The Procyon is unbelievably good at creating sharp patterns that shimmer, transform and evolve. If you thought it worked well in closed eyes, truly, you ain't seen nuttin' yet. The eye open experience on Procyon is staggering.

So when? Like really, really soon. Contact orders@mindplace.com to reserve a pair. Dealers are snatching them up btw so your favorite dealer should have them in stock in a couple of weeks. Reserving a set from us will insure that you get first priority. They will also be listed for sale at mindplace.com in the near future.

I am still working out all of the sessions but have several ready to go, and they are amazing and psychedelic beyond belief...

I just finished creating several sessions today and honestly I am so excited about this product. It is the ultimate evolution of AVS. I doubt after experiencing the Procyon with eyes open anyone will ask 'how do I see fractals?"..... because the answer is very simple: call up one of the new sessions, sit back and enjoy. At least for me and the others who have tested, the imagery is super detailed.

Each of our machines is special in its own way, but the Procyon with DeepVision glasses is the strong contender for being crowned king of fractals.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

hi neuroasis,
    I sent you PM, are you getting them? Can you check if your mail box is full?

Maaaan! I just bought a Procyon straight after I bought my Kasina after reading a thread on here stated that the "visuals" were better on the Procyon. I didn't find this to be the case compared to just the red led preset when using Audiostrobe tracks and so I sent the Procyon back after a few days.
    Scott, how much better in terms of clarity are the fractals when using the Procyon with eyes open compared to the Kasina with eyes open?
    Am I correct in assuming that the Kasina Deepvision glasses are not compatible with the Procyon?

4. Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

Are the standard Procyon sessions compatible with the DV glasses?

Blog Entries

Yes, they are. Most work really well. They could be optimized a bit for the absolute best color presentation.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post

I am still working out all of the sessions but have several ready to go, and they are amazing and psychedelic beyond belief...
    What every happened to the new sessions for Procyon with Deep Vision that Scott was making? That was like 6 months ago, and I never saw them anywhere on the forum etc. The 21.6 os and the sessions in content are all the same as came with the old original glasses. Can we try some of the specially crafted procyon with deep vision glasses Scott made?

Blog Entries

PM sent. I am asking people that have the DV glasses to either post on the forum or contact my by private message. That way, I can get some feedback on the sessions. I check this forum several times a day so there is very little delay between when you contact me and when you get links to the sessions. Otherwise in the past I haven't gotten much feedback.

Best,
    Scott

8. Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

PM sent - will let you know!

9. Default Re: Procyon DeepVision

Why does the Procyon produce better imaging with the Deepvision glasses than the Kasina? Even with the Superbright Ganzframes people are saying that the Procyon is sharper/clearer than the Kasina. Does that hold true if the Kasina is being used in KBS mode or is the Kasina just muddier in Audio/SpectraScope?

I am looking to get a color machine and the Kasina seems to have the features and easy to use editor but in numerous threads here in the forum users seem to dig the visuals of the Procyon over the Kasina. Seems to me that the glasses are pretty much the same so the visuals should be the same if the frequencies and pulse widths are equal. What gives?

Blog Entries

The term 'better' is incredibly subjective. It doesn't mean the same thing to all people and when different items are under consideration. 'Different' is a much more accurate term, as imprecise as that is.

The technologies used in the Procyon and the Kasina are different, at least as regards the way that waveforms are produced and/or decoded. AudioStrobe for instance is no different between the machines except that the Kasina has vastly easier range of color mapping choices for AudioStrobe that can be changed in real time. The Kasina has random color choices too. The Procyon can map AudioStrobe colors through the software but that is not a real time setting.

How the technologies are different is that the Procyon produces precise digital waveforms, particularly crisp square waves. Square waves have a lot of harmonics and this helps to create geometric patterns. There is very little 'smoothing' necessary on the Procyon because the waves are synthesized directly. The Kasina in 'audio modes' (SpectraStobe and AudioStrobe) act as decoders. The waveforms are embedded in an audio file. Audio software needs some measure of smoothing to prevent 'clicks' and 'pops' when producing steep square type waveforms. Thus, usually these are smoothed somewhat. Now, in the latest version of the SpectraStrobe encoder in Mind Workstation, 'click and pop' filtering has been much improved and one can now use straight square waveforms. I think with this the Kasina with SpectraStrobe does produce very crisp patterns and I have direct comparison sessions (some in the library) which showcase this.

Now, at the same time, the wants of our customer base have conflicting goals. Sine waves are desirable because they do not produce harmonics (or of much lesser amplitude). Thus the target frequencies for stimulation are purer and more isolated. However, because of this, the visuals are not as detailed. The KBS format in its current state produces sine waves only, again, for precise stimulation purposes. There is an update in the final testing stages for KBS that expands to square, triangle, sawtooth, noise, as well as sine. KBS will still not have the full control of all color channels as the Procyon does as the processor load and user friendliness make this untenable. The new KBS format will have direct color control though which is what most people want.

See, programming the Procyon is not for the feint of heart. With power comes complexity. Very few user sessions have been created for the Procyon for this reason. And syncing Procyon sessions to music is extremely time consuming.

The Kasina on the other hand with a few requisite skills is a joy to program. Kasina sessions are much more elaborate and organic with smooth, subtle, complex changes and nearly infinite possibility for synchronization with audio, placement and duration of frequency and color changes, etc. The Kasina has many advantages over the Procyon.

Yet, the Procyon is a mind blowing machine with or without eyes open. The DeepVision glasses do really reveal its beauty. But don't mistake that the Kasina with DeepVision is mind blowing as well, and more well rounded.

The DeepVision sessions which I have made for Kasina are mind blowing and most all who have experienced them attest to that. On the other hand, so are the Procyon ones. Again, different.

Ideally, everyone would have both But if one were to choose, the Kasina is much more well-rounded and adaptable as a primary machine. For instance, the Color Organ alone with DeepVision glasses is a world of stressless enjoyment.

Thread Information