Thread: Newbie journal Part 1 - Marisa help!

Smile Newbie journal Part 1 - Marisa help!

First, I hope this is the appropriate forum; if not please let me know.

One of the things I find a bit frustrating is lack of newbie information. So to address that issue I'll be posting my newbie experiences so hopefully others can benefit, and eventually, maybe, compile all this stuff in one document. (BTW, I have no idea how long I'll consider myself a newbie)

Had my Procyon for a day now; run a number of sessions from the tranquility, night voyage, and mind art categories. Though my real intention is to get to the learning/peak perf sessions, I figured I should get 'acquainted' with this AVS process.

So, here are my conclusions so far:

- Really good idea to get aquainted; not sure if my selection is right or not.
    - Obvious this does take some getting use to. Currently noticed my eyes and eyelids tend to physically react to light pulses; working on keeping them relaxed and making progress in that respect.
    - Find I have a 'craving' for certain types of visual effect. Basically find the tranquility sessions a bit boring but effective (make me yawn like crazy); night voyage likewise; crave the brilliant reds and yellows fast paced in mind art.
    - Suggest newbies start with shorter sessions; ran the longest night voyage and think it might have given me a slight headache.

That's it for day 1. Have fun,

GG

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie journal Part 1 - Marissa help!

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    First, I hope this is the appropriate forum; if not please let me know.
    It is.

One of the things I find a bit frustrating is lack of newbie information. So to address that issue I'll be posting my newbie experiences so hopefully others can benefit, and eventually, maybe, compile all this stuff in one document. (BTW, I have no idea how long I'll consider myself a newbie)
    This is great feedback - thanks. Your feedback also allows me to put together something that may be useful. So, what kind of information would be useful to you? What would you like to know?

I do like your idea of the journal. Any sharing of helpful information is always welcome here.

- Really good idea to get acquainted; not sure if my selection is right or not.
    Everyone has different experiences with the machines and programs. While a selection of programs are generally geared toward a general result (relax or concentrate for example), people will have their preferences of programs. Some programs will work better for some than others, which is why you do need to experiment a bit.

One way to know if your selection is right or not is by the results you get. To do this, it is important to know what you are trying to achieve.

Also, I did compile a list of the programs and frequencies for the Procyon and posted it on the Procyon forum - this, along with the description in the manual should help you. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=275

- Obvious this does take some getting use to. Currently noticed my eyes and eyelids tend to physically react to light pulses; working on keeping them relaxed and making progress in that respect.
    For some it takes more getting use to than others. It's important to just let your eyes relax (keep them closed) and allow them to follow the lights at will. Dim the lights until they are comfortable - they don't need to be bright to work.

- Find I have a 'craving' for certain types of visual effect. Basically find the tranquility sessions a bit boring but effective (make me yawn like crazy); night voyage likewise; crave the brilliant reds and yellows fast paced in mind art.
    Because the tranquility target slower brain wave frequencies, they may be a bit boring. Experiment with the different relaxation programs and you may find one that you like more than the others.

If your mind is very awake, it wants more stimulation - which is why you may crave more "exciting" programs.

Our attention deficit is a product of our fast paced environment and that we are conditioned to want continuous stimulation. You want to be able to shut down your mind at will.

- Suggest newbies start with shorter sessions; ran the longest night voyage and think it might have given me a slight headache.
    You may have been trying to hard to analyze what was going on. Or you may have to work up to a longer session. Good advice though.

M.

Default Re: Newbie journal Part 1 - Marissa help!

See my Part 2 for continuation.

GG

Thread Information