Thread: Adding music to a session

1. Default Adding music to a session

Hi people,

I'm new here, hi there, and I probably have a bit of a newbie question. I watched the videos and searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to my question. Maybe you can help?

I made a few personal sessions using the editor, which wasn't too hard after watching the videos. But I can't figure out how to add my own music to the session and send it, with music and all, to my Kasina. I must be overlooking something, but I can't figure it out.

Being new and all, allow me to introduce myself briefly. I bought the Kasina 3 weeks ago, and have been doing almost daily sessions since. Lately I started experimenting with Neuroprogrammer 3 and am still discovering the possibilities. In the nineties I used a lot of different AVS and biofeedback devices, at one point even had a shop in the Netherlands selling this stuff. Good times. Lately I've been trying my old machines that I still had, I always enjoyed the Mind Gear PR2X and David Paradise. The Biolight, with its combination of light/sound and GSR biofeedback, gave me some of the most interesting AVS experiences ever. But most of that stuff hadn't survived the years, so it gave me an opportunity to see if those devices had evolved in the 15 years I hadn't been using them and following the market. And they sure have. I'm very excited about my sessions with the Kasina, using it mainly for relaxation/meditation/trance and brainwave training. There's plenty of room for making my own sessions, well if only I found out how the add some music to it... :-)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Adding music to a session

Hello Ard and welcome to the forum and MindPlace family.

As of today external software is required or an external audio input.
    GNaural is free, here are templates: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...robe-templates
    Audacity is free, here are plugins and a workflow: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...-Machine-Suite
    And there are videos on our MindPlace YouTube channel about Audacity: http://www.youtube.com/themindplace

NeuroProgrammer is the easiest way right now. Kasina support is built directly in. It is not free.
    Mind Workstation is the most powerful. Kasina support is built directly in. Again not free. If you enjoyed the BioLight combination then Mind Workstation offers awesome possibilities with Kasina and biosensors.

This is today. Soon, probably still this year, this will change. Furious work is going on behind the scenes

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 10-07-2015 at 06:24 AM. Reason: corrected links
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Adding music to a session

Thanks Scott. The video about Audacity was about the only one I didn't watch, so yeah I guess that's the one I overlooked. The other links you gave me don't seem related to GN/Audacity, maybe there was a mixup? I found info about them anyhow.

I actually considered MWS two weeks ago but thought it was a bit too expensive, whereas NP3 was also reviewed pretty favorably. I'll give the MWS trial a chance. In another thread I read about Ayrmetes, where it's cheaper to buy it than elsewhere in the States. I appreciate the tips!

Blog Entries

Ah, sorry about that. I corrected the links.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Adding music to a session

I'm still not sure if I understand the Audio-tab in Editor. I assumed I would be using it to add my own soundtracks and music to my homemade sessions. I guess that's not the case, but then what is the function of the audio-tab? Is it only useful for adding music when your Kasina is connected to the pc?

Not that it's very important, as I'm about the get either NP3 or MWS and will be using those for making sessions including music. But something tells me I don't get the audio-tab quite yet.

Blog Entries

The Audio tab currently is most useful to set session lengths to that of a song or a playlist. You still have to pipe the song in from the AUX jack. It was a big thing for me to have to implement so I went ahead and did it.

There are some cool tricks though. You can load an Audacity label file and a song in the Audio tab and the session will scroll along with the labels as long as the label window is open. You can preview audio files directly from the Kasina card and get info about those files from the right click menu. The big timer is for when you are in closed eye (or open eye now) glasses and you are playing back a file. You can easily glance at the big timer to see a what point of the session something cool happens, so you can study that part more later. You can play files into the Kasina from the player without putting them on the card.

You can drag files from the Audio tab to the browser tab to copy them to the card. (I think I got that to work, need to revisit )

You can also play back an audio file and use the Tap Tempo button in the Editor tab to set the frequency to the tempo of the song.

Version 1.5 is a bridge release between 1 and 2 which will see major changes.

It was also to encourage the firmware developers to hurry up and implement simultaneous audio playing (which only sort of worked as a strategy ) Major rewrites were required but it is my understanding that it is getting pretty close to happening.

7. Default Re: Adding music to a session

Ah that explains a lot. I haven't really given Audacity a chance yet. I'm going to need a serious manual for that one, at first glance it just didn't make a lot of sense to me. With MWS I don't think I'll be needing it though.

Thread Information