Thread: DIY GanzGoggles

Blog Entries

Lightbulb DIY GanzGoggles

Here is a set of DIY GanzGoggles made from the Kasina light strips. We are offering these light strips for sale for Kasina and Procyon. Contact orders@mindplace.com for details.

It is a very easy build and the strip fits perfectly. You get the added benefit of an adjustable strap and foam padding around the eyes. They are very comfortable. There are air holes on each side too.

These are the googles from Amazon http://amzn.to/1ORNaim The Arc One company has several other cool styles of goggles available as well.

The build is similar to the sleep mask I show on YouTube.

Use an Xacto knife to cut small slits in the foam padding. Separate a small section on the bottom so the strip will fit in. Then just slide in the strip and use the glue to hold it down. I used flat latex paint to 'black out' lens. Secure the edge of the strip with electrical tape to protect the wires. The foam padding provides a nice raised surface that the cable lays next to so it can exit from the frames without being in your way.

Overall very easy to do and a nice set of light glasses.

Photo Oct 04, 10 27 52 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 04, 10 28 13 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 04, 10 28 53 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 04, 10 29 10 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 04, 10 29 43 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 04, 10 30 09 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 04, 10 30 31 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 04, 10 32 03 PM.jpg
    Last edited by neuroasis; 10-05-2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Updated order email address
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

2. Default Re: DIY GanzGoggles

That's really cool you offer the strips. For some reason after a while I can feel the weight of any glasses on the bridge of my nose. The laxmans were unbearable. It's made me want to make my own with the main support on the forehead, like some medical eye shields or even an sleep mask.

eye_shield.jpg

The flexibility of those would be a concern, I'd've thought. You say you've a video of a sleep mask mod? Have you a link?

3. Default Re: DIY GanzGoggles

How well would they work in a cheap VR headset?

http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Cardbo...eywords=vr+box

These things are generally supported very well as they have top of the head straps. I wonder how the lenses would affect the display

Blog Entries

Default Re: DIY GanzGoggles

Hi Rob,
    The strips are really flexible and quite durable. As long as protect the solder joints on the wires you could fit them on most anything that has enough of a center bridge. The items you mentioned would work. I hope people will try a number of different configurations. We are making this strips available for as cheap as we can.

Here are the videos for the sleep mask:

If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: DIY GanzGoggles

Note I have updated the enquiry email address to the proper one orders@mindplace.com

Thread Information