Thread: DeepVision with Eyes Half Closed

Blog Entries

Default DeepVision with Eyes Half Closed

In many meditation practices it is common to keep the eyes half closed rather than fully closed. While it is possible to do this somewhat with regular closed eye Ganzframes with the DeepVision glasses this becomes a whole new experience.

Many of the super saturated colors mute down to very pleasing shades. Greens and blues are especially nice. Reds pop with full strength. In fact in the upper vision red is very prominent and carries strong patterns. While at the bottom of the vision you get nice calming hues.

An added benefit is that you can easily move between short bursts of full eyes open for the beauty, half closed for moving downward and visualizing, and finally fully closed eye. The eyes adjust more easily between these states when half closed is the midline. I think to some measure closed eye colors are even better as you have the chance to 'charge' them first.

I have measured strong alpha response in this state with my EEGs and theta is well within reach.

Those who are interested in 'projection' will find this to be a nice technique as well.

AVS is getting ready to undergo a nice evolution with this product and the amazing capabilities of SpectraStrobe.

Please share your experiences and enjoy!

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: DeepVision with Eyes Half Closed

I began doing this about a week after I started using the DeepVision frames But I haven't done it much yet. To some extent I'm like a little kid with a new toy, I don't want to miss anything about the open eye experience. I keep trying this technique more and more though.

By charging do you mean going full wide open for some time and then shutting the eye's ? I've definitely done that a lot. The geometric shapes and the colors produced are amazing. I've done that over and over in many sessions, it's a lot of fun. In fact I've found that if you do it as abruptly as possible and when shutting the eye's you shut them as tight as possible it ads an even other dimension to this concept. If you do it with no mind machine at all you see some substantial colors and patterns, when charging with the DeepVisions it becomes quite an experience.

I'll have to really try the half open eye's experience more now that you mentioned it. Thanks

3. Default Re: DeepVision with Eyes Half Closed

do you find that blinking with eyes opens takes you out of the meditation? or the feeling like you want to close your eyes? Do you then have to ride your brightness adjustment between open and closed?

Blog Entries

Default Re: DeepVision with Eyes Half Closed

It depends on your practice. I can move in and out of levels of meditation quite easily. Actually the variety of presentations now is taking me deeper due to the contrast. When I am ready to go deep and close my eyes then I don't feel that 'self aware' settling period as much as when the drop down is with eyes closed too.

Let's compare it to hypnosis. Opening one's eyes during hypnotic trance often does not substantially affect the level. Or if so you can be deepened as necessary. As with all things it is a skill that you must practice for the best results.

I never do adjust the brightness. That I think would lead me to a more aware state of evaluation. Brightness changes are best written into the session.

It is a new area for me too and I will continue to share information.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information