Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active Shutter Glasses for Mind Machines

Default Active Shutter Glasses for Mind Machines

hi neuroasis

I want to try your hack with this item in ebay

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Universal-3D-...item20feeca077

I am wandering if it is the same as you have?

I seen the video with 10 hz IBVA machine i had the opportunity to use the software once and graphically it is the most beautiful waterfall really cool plus you got good results with your eyes open i am wondering it is works well as in faster frequency ?

thanks for any info ..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Active Shutter Glasses for Mind Machines

Yes, those are the glasses or appear to be.

Yes, faster frequencies are very dependent on the waveform that you use. A square wave from MWS works good. I also have some custom waveforms, a saw with an offset meaning it never goes to 0, that works well. My Spooky2 frequency generator drives them great too at very fast speeds. I need to measure how they react to speeds above our visual perception by testing with a photocell. These glasses in use with TV's easily go to 120hz, so there should be no issues with high speeds.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

BTW, for everyone reading, we are referring to this hack I posted on my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_TmiYXLxgY
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

thanks Scott

I know there is a new consumer EEG device that use this active glasses as a feedback with dry electrodes but the fact that we can use kasina, mindsky and MWS it can give loads of ideas to play with very interesting

another thing that I heard but I don't no if it is true is that that motor that you hacked in this videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjimscjNUyA
    some people say that is possible to have a good experience letting the motor vibrating somewhere in your head again i am not sure but i think it is cheap to make one and try it out lol

Blog Entries

I think tactile feedback as with the vibration motor is very powerful. Especially after you have spent time 'anchoring' frequencies in meditation. It is good for studying too or as an alarm to alert you of certain states or conditions with biosensors.

We want to show people how easy it is to make some of these accessories and get people using them. If you learn a few things you don't have to pay big money.

Or if there is enough interest from non-DIYers and it is something people want we can make some available for sell in small quantities. We don't plan huge manufacturing runs and packaging which just ups the cost and risks capital investments.

Interesting.

hi Scott

i am not sure how you did it i got the glasses today but it is not working i must be doing something wrong ..

did you destroy the power button ?Picture 17.jpg

Blog Entries

Disconnect and remove the battery. You won't need it anymore. Thus the power switch has no purpose in the final circuit. Neither does any of the internal circuitry. The lenses respond to voltage changes from the mind machine (pulse width modulation)

What machine are you using as the source? What you want to do is identify the ground on the output cable and an active channel (if there is more than one light channel) You can do this with a multimeter or a spare LED. LEDs are good because they will only light when current is flowing the correct direction. If you tell me which machine then I will tell you the wiring.

Then you can touch the contacts of any one of the lenses and it should turn on and off with the pulse. Try something slow at first. If Kasina, make a KBS file that pulses at 1hz or a Proteus in manual mode is the easiest. You can plug the cable into your audio jack and touch the leads off of that.

Having done that you now know the orientation. Then you wire both sides together. Technically you could wire them for alternating but I didn't bother with that in my first build.

Blog Entries

You might pick up some techniques from this guy too. I watched this and he encouraged me that it was an easy hack: http://hackaday.com/2012/11/14/turni...ic-sunglasses/

thanks Scott i understand better i menage to get is working with kasina super cool

Thread Information