Thread: Deepvision open eyes white light question.

Default Deepvision open eyes white light question.

This is my first post on here having recently bought a Kasina. I absolutely love the Kasina after having a slightly shaky start with it. My first experience with a mind machine of sorts was a few weeks ago when my local float centre had a demo day of a machine called a Pandora Star - this is a machine based very closely on the Lucia N3 and available in the UK at a much lower cost than the Lucia. I attended the session with absolutely no preconceptions at all and was simply blown away by the visual impact of seeing mandalas, fractals, sacred geometry etc.
    I got slightly sucked in by the whole experience which led me to firstly considering spending the ?4000 on the Pandora Star unit but then led me to the purchase of a Kasina.
    My first sessions on the Kasina left me a bit downhearted as I felt that it wasn't nearly as vivid as the PS. For a week I thought about returning the unit but I wasn't sure if my recollection of the PS session was accurate in my mind (as mentioned I had no expectations at all for my first light session and had also just had an hour session in a float tank so was in a very good state of mind for my first ever light experience).
    I persevered with the Kasina and started to enjoy it more and more and the visuals from certain sessions seemed to be getting more vivid.
    This weekend I got the opportunity to have another session on the Pandora star and to my amazement it turned out to be no better than some of my Kasina sessions proving that I may have built up my first light experience to a false level in the week following, it before trying the Kasina!

I've noticed that I get the most intense "trippy" visuals when I run sessions in colour preset "2" ie with just the two red LEDs firing. Whilst I noticed a similar intensity this weekend from the Pandora Star, I did notice much more intense colours - the PS machine ONLY use white light.
    I've just been researching the Deepvision frames and have noticed that they can achieve white light when the LEDs are firing at full intensity. My question (finally ) is this:

Is there a setting on the Kasina in Audiostrobe that can run the Deepvision frames at full "all white" intensity in the same way that present 2 uses only the red LEDs? If this is possible then how is the brightness using the Deepvison glasses at full white but with the eyes closed? I'm basically trying to recreate the Pandora Star effect of white light on closed eyelids and the only method I can potentially see to recreate this is with the Deepvision frames.
    I know that red has a greater penetration on closed lids so I'm basically trying to work out if it's worth spending money on the Deepvision frames to achieve a similar effect to a red light session on the standard Kasina frames. I hope this all makes some kind of sense.

I'd love to hear people's feedback regarding this, and Mindplace - congratulations on an awesome product range and forum!

2. Default Re: Deepvision open eyes white light question.

Hi, yes the 1 RGB/LR is an all white setting. They are more than bright enough for eyes open. It's as intense as the standard frames with setting 1 with eyes open. Eyes closed its just a bit dimmer, but barely noticeable tbh.

3. Default Re: Deepvision open eyes white light question.

Whoa, hang on.... Four grand for a 12 bulb LED array on a tripod??? Wow. Is that much different from the mindplace environmental lighting unit? Well, apart from the nicer shape...
    I think it's time I figured out that Arduino in my drawer.....

Blog Entries

Default Re: Deepvision open eyes white light question.

Hi Jimbo,
    Thanks for your interesting description of your experience. It is amazing the prices that they are trying to get for units like this and the claims that they make. That is on them though. People say our machines are expensive, ha...

Anyway, it is a wise move to give yourself some time between exposures to 'live' group events like this and to experiment with other units such as the Kasina for a better informed decision. Smart man... It is also nice that you have begun to have interesting experiences with the Kasina.

The DeepVision glasses have a white 'clamping' circuit in them. So when all of the LEDs are on they are pushed to a proper color balance to achieve a pure white. I did a series of tests this morning comparing the closed eye white of the DV glasses with the closed eye white Ganzframes that we sell. The white DV brightness is quite comparable even in closed eyes. Now, that is if you didn't first use them with your eyes open because in that case the eyes have adjusted from the brightness of that and it takes awhile to get back to a 'closed eye' level.

For fun, I also compared them to old white Sirius glasses and Photosonix 'bulb' white glasses. Again the DV white holds up.

What you probably like is high brightness and fast frequency changes from beta into alpha. This shows all kinds of 'false' colors. So with white and even red (which is the brightest behind closed eyes) you will see greens, blues, yellows, orange.. etc. None of which are predominant in the source (especially with red) High brightness also creates more phosphenes to build visions from.

I like high brightness. You should see the visions I get from the Etz Chaim... http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hain-Etz-Chaim And you could build one of these for much less than even $1000. As Rob mentions the MELS system is really bright too.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hey there,

I got my DV glasses yesterday and I tried a few sessions, but do not know yet what to make out of them. Most of the sessions were only white - interesting in the beginning, but I thought DV are supposed to show many more colors than the closed eyes Ganzframes, which confused me. A very colorful session felt the same with DV as with closed eyes Ganzframes. In another session I could see subtle colors, which I could harldy notice with closed eyes Ganzframes. But I haven't found a session yet that is visally enhanced with DV.

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

The DeepVision glasses has a white clamping circuit in them that push the color mix to white when the brightness of the LEDs reach a certain threshold. This is desirable in many cases and was incorporated by design. It has been really hard to get white behind closed eyes. (impossible? without increasing the brightness to ridiculous levels) We wanted to be sure to include this in the DV color spectrum. But yeah, certain sessions which were made before DV will have white areas. Patternity is a good example. It needs remixing for DV. If you have sessions that you use a lot you can request a remix or in the interim go into the Visual settings screen on the Kasina and reduce some of the color brightness. I would suggest trying to reduce blue at first.

Sessions are being sent to you by PM.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information