Thread: biolight paper

1. Default biolight paper

hello all!
    I lost my pw, that is why i havent been here in a while.. Anyway now that I am back new questions! The new semester has started so am working at perfecting the 6month plan again..

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...ight-paper.pdf

Is there a session that does this? I think I asked this before but I forgot the answer. I do remember Marisa uploading me 2 sessions for me, however I just wanted to clarify this question.

thanks!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: biolight paper

Quote Originally Posted by me0w View Post
    hello all!
    I lost my pw, that is why i havent been here in a while.. Anyway now that I am back new questions! The new semester has started so am working at perfecting the 6month plan again..

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...ight-paper.pdf

Is there a session that does this? I think I asked this before but I forgot the answer. I do remember Marisa uploading me 2 sessions for me, however I just wanted to clarify this question.

thanks!!
    Hi Meow,

Sorry, what is it you are looking for? I don't understand your question.

M.

3. Default Re: biolight paper

Hi Marisa,
    Here is another link which is easier to read: http://www.mindmodulations.com/resou...erformance.htm

What im asking is: in the paper it said that they were given 30 sessions to increase their alpha brainwaves. From what I read they alternate between specific numbers instead of gradually going up and down like the sessions on the proteus do. So what i'm asking is, is there a session which I can put onto my proteus which does the same thing?

Robert Austin had input into the study so maybe he would know?

thanks!

Blog Entries

Hi Meow,

Hmmmm well how do you feel about designing your own program? : )

What you are looking for is a program that targets Alpha and SMR. Hmmm on the Proteus programs, the closest that comes to that are the "Energizing" programs (P38 to 42). They alternate between 8 and 15 Hz.

M.

5. Default Re: biolight paper

hehehe don't feel like creating my own program!!

and thanks! i'll try that

Hello me0w

You may like to read the last couple of entries in the "Tutorial Randomise - Brain Brightening " thread. If it is of use to you I have uploaded "Brightenzip.zip" and Marisa has copied the session to the library.
    This session is about 27 minutes long and it concentrates on the alpha frequencies between 11.9 and 16.9 Hz. the big difference is that instead of linear increases in frequency it jumps randomly between frequencies in that range (11.9 to 16.9) and more importantly the time spent on that frequency in a sector (no variation in frequency) varies between 2 seconds and 5 seconds. This corresponds to stimulation of the brain to that frequency between 2 and 3 seconds and activation of the brain to that frequency between 4 and 5 seconds, as suggested by Robert Austin and Dr Thomas Budzynski.
    Feel free to modify the program to suit your requirements.

Regards Allan

7. Default Re: biolight paper

wowww thanks!

Hello, MeOw--

The BioLight is a product we once made but discontinued due to low sale volumes. The session Tom B. used alternated between two stimulation frequencies and GSR feedback segments--so a Proteus session could be written to duplicate the protocol with a Proteus+TS setup. I'll try to get to that in the coming weeks (though there is a lot on my list just now...), unless some enterprising user would like to write it!

Regards,

Robert

9. Default Re: biolight paper

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Hello, MeOw--

The BioLight is a product we once made but discontinued due to low sale volumes. The session Tom B. used alternated between two stimulation frequencies and GSR feedback segments--so a Proteus session could be written to duplicate the protocol with a Proteus+TS setup. I'll try to get to that in the coming weeks (though there is a lot on my list just now...), unless some enterprising user would like to write it!

Regards,

Robert
    Thank you Robert, did you ever get a chance to write this? I am still interested! I mean it makes sense since there was found to be a benefit from it, that it should be released for those who seek it.

Thread Information