Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

1. Default Re: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

Hi,

my numeric keypad shows a ",".

There is no difference (same faulty things happen) whether I use that or the one next to the "m".

I have, however, noticed:

First time I go into a healthy session and move onto a segment say "24,3" Hz - the segment is unchanged. But the common input field allready says "50" i.e. it sees 243 Hz, which is too large. When I step to the next segment the change to 50 takes place.

K.R.

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Default Re: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

Hi MindMan,

Here's another shot at the decimal separator (DS)? Proteus2_43.zip.

The application will do it?s best to decipher any text string that is entered.
    You should be able enter either a ?.? or a ?,? and have it converted to the regional standard.
    You should be able to enter useless characters and the application will ignore them while doing a left to right analysis of the string.

In general these are the rules that will be followed?
    1) The only printable characters that will be processed are ?0? ?1? ?2? ?3? ?4? ?5? ?6? ?7? ?8? ?9? ?,? ?.? and ?:? when editing the segment time.
    2) The first instance of the left most ?regional? DS will be used: all others are ignored.
    3) If a ?regional? DS is detected then all non-regional DS?s are ignored.
    4) If no ?regional? DS is detected then first left most non-regional DS?s (if it exists) will be used and converted to a ?regional? DS: all others will be ignored.
    5) LFO #1 (and #2) entries are rounded to the nearest 10th .
    6) Decimals entered in the Brite or Sound Pitch boxes will be rounded to the nearest integer.
    When editing the Time textbox?
    7) Any ?,? or ?.? to the left of the ?:? is ignored.
    8) The value to the left of the ?:? is treated as the minute?s value (20 minutes maximum).
    9) The value to the right of the ?:? is treated as the second?s value. Values >= 60 will be reduced by 60 and the minute?s value will be incremented accordingly (20 minutes maximum).
    10) Any decimal entered will be set to ?x:xx,0? if the decimal value is less than ?,5? otherwise it is changed to ?x:xx,5?.

If all goes well you should be able to do the following when using the ?,? or ?.? decimal separator.
    Type ?2.3,4,7.5? in the LFO #1 (or #2) text boxes; the entry changes to ?23,4? or ?2.3?
    Type ?2.36? in the LFO #1 (or #2) text boxes; the entry changes to ?2,4? or ?2.4?
    Type ?4? in the Time text box; the entry changes to ? 0:04,0? or ? 0:04.0?
    Type ?4:? in the Time text box; the entry changes to ? 4:00,0? or ? 4:00.0?
    Type ?4:,5? in the Time text box ; the entry changes to ? 4:00,5? or ? 4:00.5?

Hope this works on your machine.

Best regards,
    TheRock
    Last edited by Andy; 07-08-2006 at 08:30 AM. Reason: 2.43 superceded by 2.45

3. Default Re: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

Hi TheRock,

all we have been discussion so far seems to be OK now.

1) The editor seems not any longer to loose track of what segment it is pointing at

2) Segment 1 is not any longer overwriten

3) All input fields - except the time stamp - seem to be foolproof

4) The time stamp seems somewhat unstable.

a) at new sessions most is OK

b) at sessions - which I wrote - while asking my XP behave like a US-one - the time stamp goes from XX:YY.Z to XX:YY,Z the first time I put the cursor into the time box. The stamp moves one place to the right as well. I guess this is a fault by my XP not your software, as new sessions made by your newest editor start at XX:YY,Z from day one

The unstable thing regards inputting - into the time box - first "4" [ENTER] and then in the same box a "4:". You then get an non OK number. See last segment in the attachment.

Kind Regards

MindMan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Hi MindMan,

Here is Proteus2_44.zip.
    It makes sure the integer part of the second?s entry is two characters long (after reducing any number > 59).
    It also makes sure there is one character to the right of the decimal separator. It will add a ?0? if none is present.

Best regards,
    TheRock
    Last edited by Andy; 07-08-2006 at 08:29 AM. Reason: 2.44 superceded with 2.45

5. Default Re: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

Hi TheRock,

I can't pinpoint any more bugs in the ordinary part of the editor.

I suggest we let that part rest - if OK by you. Maybe some other guy finds some more?

For good sake I took a short look at the "Supplemental Proteus Controls". Something not so good has happened there. I hardly ever use that part, so I don't really remember what it is all expected to do. Must be in the manual. Something has happened all around. It feels as though the sliders somehow limit the supposed input? I only use LF1 / LF2 and they used to allow frequency down to 0.01 Hz. The slider is much more large-stepping.

My feeling is that this is so for the rest as well.

I go on holidays now. Maybe it is time to put forward the editor?

Thank you for the good show. I hope that you didn't feel pushed by me.

I never have used the rest of the editor. Especially the part for Thoughtstream - though I own one. Maybe something was affected there as well (like with the "Supplemental Proteus Controls"). I can't help on that one.

Kind Regards

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Hi MindMan,

While the lower limit of the "Supplemental Proteus Controls" is 0,2 Hz you can increment the value in 0,01 Hz steps.
    I see the default increment is 1,0 Hz.
    If you hold down the "Ctrl" Key while scrolling you get 0,01 Hz steps.
    If you hold down the "Shift" Key you get 0,1 Hz steps.
    If you hold down the "Shift" and "Ctrl" Key you get 10,0 Hz steps.
    This is not very intuitive.

I am thinking of changing it to be more like the main editor...
    No keys down would give the finest steps ?(0,01 Hz)
    The "Ctrl" key would give a little less precision ?(0,1 Hz) steps.
    The "Shift" key would give the next level ?(1,0 Hz) steps.
    And both keys would give largest steps ?(10,0 Hz).

As far a feeling pushed. I didn't feel that way.
    I was actually impressed at your thoroughness.
    Your observations on what caused an error made it much easier to track down the bug.

Have a good time on vacation.

Best regards,
    TheRock

7. Default Re: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

Hi,

I have a suggestion.

The reason that people like me want to use the "Supplemental Proteus Controls" is that they want more presision than the main editor offers.

Therefore it is meaningless to offer less precision inside the "Supplemental Proteus Controls".

If I should want a mixture of normal and extra precission in a given segment I would - hopefully intuitive - do the following.

1) I edit all with normal precision in the ordinary segment.
    2) I then in the ordinary segment "mark" (working area in top of the editor) the type of detail I would like more precision of.
    3) I then install a supplemental "line" onto the segment.
    4) I edit the supplemental "line" with the wanted more precise data

In general if think the "supplemental controls" should just and only increase precision with a factor around 10. I don't know what you have promised your customers - I must say. I happened to notice a max pitch of 999.9. Maybe 999 is OK as max. I know some people want this type of high pitch - though it sounds awfull.

And one more probably more usefull suggestion on the "Supp. Prot. Com.": Why are the dual binaural beats so limited. Nearly nobody looking for "DBB" would want to limit himself to a range of 1/2 - 2/3 - 3/4 - 4/3 - 3/2 - 1???
    Could this be more smooth stepping?

And may you have a good time on vacation as well.

K.R.

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:38 PM.

8. Default Re: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

Hi,

you may give this some thought as well:

Problems with serial-to-USB converters

To make mine run (and I am lucke I understand) I inside the editor have to force the tranmission speed really low. Actually to the end of the slider.

Maybe your software in the editor or Proteus needs adjustments regarding this problem as well. The hight speed end of the slider is not much in use any longer.

K.R.

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindMan
    Hi,

you may give this some thought as well:

Problems with serial-to-USB converters

To make mine run (and I am lucke I understand) I inside the editor have to force the tranmission speed really low. Actually to the end of the slider.

Maybe your software in the editor or Proteus needs adjustments regarding this problem as well. The hight speed end of the slider is not much in use any longer.

K.R.

MindMan
    The software works fine with my Proteus at the higher speed. I think it may come down to the differences between adaptors and drivers.

10. Default Re: Bugs in the editor 2.41 beta

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock
    Hi MindMan,

Here is Proteus2_44.zip.
    It makes sure the integer part of the second?s entry is two characters long (after reducing any number > 59).
    It also makes sure there is one character to the right of the decimal separator. It will add a ?0? if none is present.

Best regards,
    TheRock
    Thank you for 2.4.4 upgrade but Time to end of selected Segment does not agree with reality and Total Session Time also. E.g. when I play Run Segment 80:00.0 then Time to end of selected Segment is permanenetly 00:10:05 and Total Session Time is also 00:10:05 constantly.

Best regards,
    atrance

Thread Information