Thread: Very New to this.

1. Default Very New to this.

Ok, so i bought a Procyon, second hand on ebay, but it was a good price so what the hell. I dabbled with biofeedback/avs machines in the 80's and always wanted to give it try again and this looked like too good a chance to let pass, i suffer very badly from insomnia and thought this might be a good time to try an alternative treatment to taking drugs.
    My plan is to try out this this machine and if i like the results , invest in something more versatile like the Kasina, so a few questions, i managed to download the manual for the procyon so no problem there, However this appears to be an older version of the machine and the lightframes use the older square plug , should i have problems with the frames can i still get the older frames to fit this machine. Do the available PC drivers work for this older model and where do i download them from. And should i get round to buying some of the astrostrode cd's is it best to play them via a cd player or digital audio device and if so what format is best to transfere them to an audio player.

And lastly just wanted to share my very first experience with a random setting on the machine, it was weird in the extreme, i saw what i can only describe as constantly expanding and rotating fractal patterns the classic fern pattern that i seemed to be falling into, as well as geometric shapes and random flash's of what appeared to be badly drawn line animations, on the whole the experience was fascinating. However for several minutes after the session had ended i had short periods of not being there. i am afraid that is the best way i can describe it. As a result i am looking forward to trying more of the sessions.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Very New to this.

Hello and Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyntlock View Post
    However this appears to be an older version of the machine and the lightframes use the older square plug , should i have problems with the frames can i still get the older frames to fit this machine. Do the available PC drivers work for this older model and where do i download them from.
    Those Ganzframes are no longer made, so should you have any trouble with them, you'll likely have to try and repair them, or look to upgrade your device. Support is for life, though, so just click the "contact us" button at the bottom should you have any problems at all with your product, now or in the future.

And should i get round to buying some of the astrostrode cd's is it best to play them via a cd player or digital audio device and if so what format is best to transfere them to an audio player.
    The AudioStrobe (AS) format is quite old, and is still distributed via CD. If you have a CD player, that works best, but you can also convert the files to mp3 or other compressed formats, as long as you do it in a high-quality mode that doesn't get rid of the high-frequency information. The AS encoding lives at the 19.2khz frequency, so the compression you use needs to allow those signals to pass. There's several threads on the subject here on the forum.

And lastly just wanted to share my very first experience with a random setting on the machine, it was weird in the extreme, i saw what i can only describe as constantly expanding and rotating fractal patterns the classic fern pattern that i seemed to be falling into, as well as geometric shapes and random flash's of what appeared to be badly drawn line animations, on the whole the experience was fascinating. However for several minutes after the session had ended i had short periods of not being there. i am afraid that is the best way i can describe it. As a result i am looking forward to trying more of the sessions.
    Very cool! Sounds like you have an enjoyable journey ahead of you.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Very New to this.

Hi Flyntlock,
    I'm glad you are enjoying your Procyon and getting interesting visualizations. A tip on the random session: By pushing the middle button on the Procyon during random playback you put it into a pause mode. Then you can hold the current settings for as long as you want. Click the middle button again to resume random. This is great when you find something you like and want to keep it going longer.

If you hook up the Procyon to your computer and open the Procyon Editor while the random session plays when you press the pause button it will show you the settings that are being used: frequency, amplitude, etc. You can then copy these settings and use them in your own session.

Thus, with the random mode the Procyon kind of teaches you what it can do.

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 09-23-2015 at 05:50 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information