Thread: Kasina session editor not maximising

Default Kasina session editor not maximising

Hi,

Can anyone solve why the Kasina editor won't maximise on screen.... all I am getting is it showing in the taskbar but it wont show up on screen. Also I can hear what sounds like the A-drive making a noise every so often when this software is launched (like the days when floppy discs were around). I am using winxp sp3 and the session editor worked fine until today. I have already tried uninstalling, rebooting, cleaning the registry of old keys several times and the splash screen appears then the program is stuck in minimised mode on the taskbar... Cannot report bug via kasina as it won't maximise to do it, hence posting here. HELP!!!
    Many thanks
    Trev
    Last edited by trevh; 09-17-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina session editor not maximising

Hi Trev,
    This is something weird that happens. It has been reported to me before but I cannot reproduce it. What happens is that the preference which remembers the window position saves some crazy offscreen location. In a new release I am working on I have put more checks in to try to stop this.

What you can do for now is use these techniques to get the window back on screen here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...eyboard-trick/

Once it is back on screen then the preference should save the proper location.

I wish I could reproduce it, then I would know what was causing it. Did this happen after using the software for a time or at first launch?

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

The floppy drive sound that you are hearing is the software checks each mounted drive looking for the a file that identifies that drive as the Kasina SD card.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi,
    Just tried the cascade windows trick and Kasina editor didn't cascade... remains frozen on the taskbar. As I say I even unistalled and used ccleaner to clear registry of anything it may have used. I have a feeling there's an undetected registry key that's not being detected but that tells the program to remain on taskbar only. Cannot think what else it could be as a new install should have done the trick. Any other ideas are really welcome as I am lost as to what to do and the software is vital to using the kasina for me. Many thanks for any ideas...

Blog Entries

Ok, do this... there is a preference file in your AppData folder. Nothing is saved to the registry. Here is how you find the AppData folder http://kb.mozillazine.org/Finding_th...der_on_Windows On XP it is called Application Data. It is a hidden folder. The instructions listed tell you how to make it visible.

Force quit the KBS Editor using the Task Manager. Control-alt-delete.

Inside the Application Data folder is a MindPlace folder. Inside that are the KBS Editor preferences. Throw that file away. Now when you relaunch the editor the window will be placed at the center of the screen. Close the editor and the preferences will be reset.

Tell me if this works for you.

Sorry for the trouble,
    Scott

hI,
    THANK YOU!!!!! You are a genius, that certainly did the trick! ))

Blog Entries

Definitely not a genius as I am the one that created this mess somehow As said, in an update I'll fix it to not pay attention to obviously wrong screen coordinates.

If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know.

Best,
    Scott

Right, I've had that issue on a couple occasions--and when I viewed the file in question, it had the KBS Editor located -32,768 pixels to the left of my screen. Possibly an issue with one of the various libraries Scott uses for software development (?) rather than a bug in his code... which makes finding it all the more 'interesting'. Still, the KBS Editor is by far the best we've offered over the years, so still lots of feathers in Scott's cap for creating it... :-)

Thread Information