Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any deepvision frames operational videos?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any deepvision frames operational videos?

Flicker in general is almost impossible to record at some pulse rates. Shooting progressive video will help. Does your camera do 60p? I think for a demo video it is not so crucial. Just make note of the issue in the comments section. I think most people would like more to get an impression and see the form factor.

BTW, I got the final printed ones today and will be posting some pictures.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

2. Default Re: Any deepvision frames operational videos?

Yeah, even at 60 fps the scanlines were visible. Not so much. I think either youTube or iMovie has cut it down to 30fps during export and the contrast of that has increased during the compression. It's always going to happen unless you create a session whose frequencies divide evenly in 60 or something. I was just going for the color depth with this. Next time I'll try Final Cut or something.

Blog Entries

Check your setting to see if you have the option for 1080p or even 720p would be fine. It looks like interlace artifacts so I assume you are shooting 1080i. iMovie shouldn't interlace footage that is destined for digital output, ie mp4. I'm not sure if it can deinterlace footage. FCP can.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Flicker in general is almost impossible to record at some pulse rates. Shooting progressive video will help. Does your camera do 60p? I think for a demo video it is not so crucial. Just make note of the issue in the comments section. I think most people would like more to get an impression and see the form factor.

BTW, I got the final printed ones today and will be posting some pictures.
    Yes it has progressive video. Actually tried a couple generic video's just now. They look really nice. My original video was done with a Nikon CoolPix. Nice little camera just didn't get the job done.

I'll post a nice video within a week. I want to get everything just right.

Blog Entries

Guys, don't stress yourself too much unless you are having fun! If so, I understand that it is fun. And maybe you want to perfect a workflow for future videos. I don't stress about perfection in these things as much now. When someone was paying me hundreds of dollars per hour then I stressed. Of course, then the equipment was top of the heap too. Now, let's just capture the joy and the beauty...

In some of my recent YouTube videos I used a simple webcam and the flicker reproduction was terrible but the DV glasses looked neat. Heck, I didn't care. I just wanted to get a point across and not slave away in an OCD quest for the final 0.1% piece. Guess I'm getting older....

6. Default Re: Any deepvision frames operational videos?

oh, it's just any excuse to play with the gadgets. It's definitely iMovie cutting it down to 30fps - it seems that's the best it will do, even though it can import at 60.
    ...and it chopped it down to 540, but that may have been my doing

I just don't want people thinking, oh, that looks like crap I think I'll skip AVS and stick with baking pies. All because I made a video.

Our German distributor, Claudius Nagel, has made this video... bit on the long side at over 15 minutes, but something to add to this collection:

https://youtu.be/EK3tJlFsrHE

-Robert

Ok I messed around with camera and Kasina settings for about an hour. This is the best I could come up with.

Last edited by SteveMod; 10-07-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Thread Information