Thread: exporting from mws to Kasina

Default exporting from mws to Kasina

I have exported a few sessions from MWS to the Kasina. For some reason, today, I keep getting an "unknown" error message and I'm unable to do it. Has anyone encountered this and know the solution? Apologies if this has been addressed in a previous post.

Blog Entries

Default Re: exporting from mws to Kasina

Have you installed the latest firmware?... here: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina-support/ It addresses some unknown file format errors. However, if it is just this file then I would try again to export from MWS. Sometimes virus protection gets in the way of the encoder.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I get these errors too on occasion for no reason. Then I retry it and it works. Sometimes it will lock up and if you wait it will work.

I am not sure if I am exporting rights as when I run the mws file directly off the kasina using the deep ganzframes all I get is white color in spectrastrobe. Color organ will give a distinguishable colors.

Blog Entries

MP3 or WAV files exported from Mind Workstation should work without any issues. We are finding that the onboard mp3 reader mostly requires a specific type of mp3 encoding, that is CBR (constant bit rate) and not VBR (variable bit rate). Mind Workstation by default has ideal settings.

The error can also pop up on an improperly formatted SD card. We have had a small number that came from the factory with issues and reformatted them manually. If you see these errors consistently then you can backup the files on your card to your PC and reformat the card in Windows by right clicking on the card in Windows Explorer and choosing Format. Be sure your files are backed up first. Even better is to use the industry standard formatter available for free here: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

As to color, keep in mind that by default the simple SpectraStrobe track in MWS will create a track with all colors set to maximum. You would want to adjust the colors to taste. The preview that you see from Mind Workstation on the Kasina, should match when the track is exported. Also, be aware that the Deep Vision glasses have a white clamping circuit that will push the lights to white when the brightness of all of the LEDs are at around 90%. It may also be this effect that you are seeing.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information