Thread: Color Organ

Default Color Organ

I have to admit I have a bad way of approaching things sometimes. I call it Christmas morning syndrome like when you get a gift when you're a kid and you rip it open as fast as possible and you just want to get the batteries in and start playing with it.

Well I'm ashamed to say that after owning a Kasina for quite a while now I in fact just discovered color organ and it's adjustable features and I think it's one of the coolest options in the Kasina.

How did I stumble on it you ask ? I was writing sessions and I stopped to take a break and I picked up my Procyon and Kasina manuals and read them . I've read the Procyon manual many times but I guess I never completely read the Kasina manual.

I'm not going to lie, as soon as I read about the color organ feature I went and tried it out and I have to and will go back and finish reading the manual, I tried it with my new DeepVision open eye frames. Hooked up my mp3 player that has 1500 songs on it. Color Organ = Really Cool !

Default Re: Color Organ

Glad you like the Kasina's ColorOrgan, Steve! This was a response to many requests to add back the crude color organ used in the Orion/Sirius (ColorPulse), which used the filtered lowest frequencies to drive monocolor GanzFrames. Fortunately the Kasina processor has the firepower to use programmable digital filters to accomplish this goal, and the ColorSets provide a lot of variety, as do the multiple response settings. Of course the ColorOrgan still works best with music with a beat. It can be fun playing internal, SpectraStrobe session and then while playing it, selecting ColorOrgan. Quite a contrast, and often nearly as interesting as the original encoding.

Enjoy!

-Robert

Default Re: Color Organ

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Glad you like the Kasina's ColorOrgan, Steve! This was a response to many requests to add back the crude color organ used in the Orion/Sirius (ColorPulse), which used the filtered lowest frequencies to drive monocolor GanzFrames. Fortunately the Kasina processor has the firepower to use programmable digital filters to accomplish this goal, and the ColorSets provide a lot of variety, as do the multiple response settings. Of course the ColorOrgan still works best with music with a beat. It can be fun playing internal, SpectraStrobe session and then while playing it, selecting ColorOrgan. Quite a contrast, and often nearly as interesting as the original encoding.

Enjoy!

-Robert
    Excellent ! Even more fun. I'm definitely going to try that.

Color Organ is tons of fun ! The variety of colors was really nice and that along with being able to choose 50% 100% and 200% intensity with your choice of response rates makes it endless tons of fun. Color Organ definitely makes me smile, I love my music.

Thread Information