Thread: idea for possible procyon update

1. Default idea for possible procyon update

hello,
    it would be nice if its possible to skip segments by pushing one of the buttons which are without function during programplay.

The most programs start with beta and then tunig down to alpha/theta. Thas ok when going to sleep.
    But when waking up in the night, it would be helpful to skip the beta and start imediately with alpha or theta.

best, Sven

Blog Entries

Default Re: idea for possible procyon update

Hello,
    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately it is not feasible. The reason (among other technical reasons) is that each Procyon segment depends on the settings of the prior segment. The Procyon session is compressed by comparing what parameters actually need updating from the prior segment. Then it only updates those. Skipping a segment would not pass this information and the state would be indeterminable. Nor is it possible to read only the header info from the previous segment at a skip for a couple of reasons. One the needed changes cascade through the necessary number of segments to set the current state. Phase settings for instance might be several segments back. The other reason is that even if you could determine the needed settings, if they were not contained in the current segment header, then an on-the-fly rewrite of the segment would be required, and the memory structure is not set up for this.

You would be best to make the sessions with the layout that you require. Tell me how you are trigger sessions (at the start of sleep and then playing through the night?) If this is the case then you can make only the middle segments without the start loop.

Or are you waking up at a point in the night and then playing the session? If that is the case then you would be best to duplicate the session that you want and remove the intro part. Then you put it into the next slot on the Procyon after the session with the intro. Then you need only to press one button to move to the next session and then trigger it to play. The end result is nearly the same as your request.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: idea for possible procyon update

Hi Scott,
    I play a 40 minute meditation session before going to sleep and if i wake up at night with insomnia, i start a short night shift session to fall into sleep again. I will save this session now without the beta segment(s), than it should work.

Thanks, Sven

Thread Information