Thread: Isn't it always the same ?

Default DeepVision Ganzframes

Isn't it always the same ?

As soon as a new and exciting item shows up I have several obligations that prevent me from trying it out.

Just received my new Kasina DeepVision open eye ganzframes and I have about 4 obligations I must take care of lasting until later in the evening before I can try them out.

However, I was so excited to receive them I had to at least try them for a minute or two so I put them on and sampled the beginnings of a couple of different sessions just to get and idea of what they are like.

What I can say is that I'm very impressed already. I've tried other open eye ganzframes and have not been excited at all about their performance. The way the DeepVision frames operate already seem to me to be different and a lot better from my previous experience with other open eye frames. They also feel really sturdy and I really like the glasses style as opposed to other styles.

I'll definitely be adding to this thread as I use them. Wish that was now but I'm actually looking forward to using them in my quiet home in the evening. Did a Relaxation by the Fire session last night (with my closed eye frames) in my quiet home and it was nice.

PS I also have a seriously cool neuroasis inspired Procyon project I'm working on that I'm going to post a video link to in the Procyon forum...........soon. I'm currently gathering all of the parts.............they're all on the way.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 08-29-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Default Re: Isn't it always the same ?

So I spent a good portion of my evening into the wee hours enjoying my new DeepVision frames. They're amazing ! First of all they fit perfect and seal the light out very nicely. They're also seamless meaning I'm not seeing the nose bridge or other parts of the frames while I'm in session, just colors and lights. To me that's huge, if I'm looking at frames it would definitely take away from the experience. I wound up enjoying a lot of different Kasina sessions that were just perfect for these frames including WavesGuide in color organ, Audio Illusions in the audostrobe section of spectrastrobe it was amazing, Journey of the Drums, and a lot of others as well. Like I said The experience is so nice I just kept going. Something else that's amazing is that there are extra colors that I've never seen with ganzframes ever including with other open eye frames I've used. So far I saw, white, yellow, purple and pink base colors, in addition to RGB, that feature made the experience even more amazing, I wouldn't be surprised if there are even more colors to be seen. Definitely love these frames.

Additionally, touching on a previous subject, I have CD players, mp3 players, computers, a tablet all hooked up to a stereo system that I listen to through headphones. The Kasina seems like a natural fit for this application and some of the sessions are just perfect for it including WavesGuide, Journey of the Drums and Audio Illusions but I do this for a lot of other sessions to and I do this with my Procyon as well. I'm not always turning the volume up, sometimes up is good sometimes low volume is good but it's always a nice enhancement. I can add some bass if I want and sometimes that a wonderful add on. I did do half of these sessions though with just my Kasina lying in bed, no stereo and it's just as nice of an experience.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 08-31-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Glad that you're enjoying your DeepVision frames, Steve! You might find that they also work well with your eyes closed, a different experience from the stock Kasina GanzFrames, since those emphasize blue and green to penetrate our eyelids, while the design goal for DeepVision was to produce white light when Kasina RGB were all set to maximum settings. We had to significantly reduce the red output to achieve this goal, and traveled through multiple prototypes to finally fine tune this to our satisfaction. To keep them lightweight, we used a vacuum formed shell, which might not respond well to being, say, sat upon... :-)

In principle you should be able to see millions of colors/shades, as there are so many possible brightnesses for each of the LED colors. We'll soon be releasing a Procyon version of DeepVision, as well...

Enjoy!

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Glad that you're enjoying your DeepVision frames, Steve! You might find that they also work well with your eyes closed, a different experience from the stock Kasina GanzFrames, since those emphasize blue and green to penetrate our eyelids, while the design goal for DeepVision was to produce white light when Kasina RGB were all set to maximum settings. We had to significantly reduce the red output to achieve this goal, and traveled through multiple prototypes to finally fine tune this to our satisfaction. To keep them lightweight, we used a vacuum formed shell, which might not respond well to being, say, sat upon... :-)

In principle you should be able to see millions of colors/shades, as there are so many possible brightnesses for each of the LED colors. We'll soon be releasing a Procyon version of DeepVision, as well...

Enjoy!

Robert
    Wow ! Looking forward to the Procyon version.

Yes, the different colors and shades have been seemingly endless. Really nice, couldn't have asked for more.

Thread Information