Thread: question about audiostrobe CD

Default question about audiostrobe CD

Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the audiostrobe CD.

I would like to get some and play them with my Ipod. I have read that as long as I use a high bitrate while converting to MP3 player, I shouldn`t have any problem.

My question is: I`m using Itune to transfert my CD to my Ipod and I don`t know if Itune will do it properly!

Does anyone know if I can use Itune to transfert my audiostrobe Cd to my Ipod or do I have to convert my CD to MP3 format using another program like freerip first??

Thank you very much

Claude

2. Default Re: question about audiostrobe CD

Claude, Have a look in the Itunes setup menus. I think the highest you can set is 256k bit rate ( you want 320k ), so you may need to encode with another program. Remember to uncheck variable bit rate too. I have my small Mp3 player velcroed to the back of my Proteus with a short connecting lead. Its a much more compact setup than a seperate CD player which was a big hassle ( more to get tangled up) .

You'll get about 6 CD's per GB memory. I have other non- audiostrobe ambient CD's on there as well , which I enjoy listening to and finding manual light settings that work well with them . I would use my Procyon a lot more if it had manual control.

Mark

3. Smile Re: question about audiostrobe CD

Quote Originally Posted by Phalguy View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the audiostrobe CD.

I would like to get some and play them with my Ipod. I have read that as long as I use a high bitrate while converting to MP3 player, I shouldn`t have any problem.If you use bitrate constant and a tax of 192 you don't have problems.

My question is: I`m using Itune to transfert my CD to my Ipod and I don`t know if Itune will do it properly!

Does anyone know if I can use Itune to transfert my audiostrobe Cd to my Ipod or do I have to convert my CD to MP3 format using another program like freerip first?? I use Freerip.

Thank you very much

Claude
    I hope usefull
    Barreto

Default Re: question about audiostrobe CD

Thank you both for your answer !
    I have been playing around with Itune and discovered that I can have a bitrate of 320 ! I will give it a try !

thanks

Claude

My understanding that the audiostrobe will be lost in conversion?

Blog Entries

No.
    As was mentioned above, if you use a high bitrate the audiostrobe function will still work.

I heard there was no way to make it work with Photosonix... Way to go mindplace!

Thread Information