Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theta Bath

Default Theta Bath

Imagine me sitting here with a big smile on my face because that's what a lot of sessions do to me, I come out of them somewhat amazed at the experience.

One of my first impressions was that I like the factory sessions but while using them I'd always run into a segment that really did something extra for me and then it would go away. Sometimes it would come back (depending on the session) but never long enough to explore the intense result I was experiencing.

I always knew that I wanted to identify one of those segments and then write an entire session around it. As a side note the intense result was sometimes a segment and then the result of another contrasting segment crashing into the previous segment, I know this, but it's both single segments and multiple segments too.

Anyway, after doing some serious research this past week I decided one of my first goals would be to explore the different wave lengths and the result of them on me.

So tonight I wrote a session I call Theta Bath. It's pretty simple but it's exactly what I wanted to do. It's a 30 minute session in RG square wave that starts out at 4Hz 175 pitch, quickly ramps up to 7.5Hz stays at 7.5Hz 175 pitch for about 90% of the rest of the session.

When I came out of it I definitely had a smile on my face and I kind of giggled a little bit because it definitely produced results to the point that it exceeded any expectations I had for results. I just think I need to double the time now and take it from there.

About 3/4 of the way through I was definitely in Theta land, still awake but in a totally different very comfy world. I began having a conversation with my late father about a loan he apparently thought I had with my (still with us) mother. I don't know why but him repeatedly asking me about this loan was actually very soothing (don't ask me why, I have my theory's but....) but after he asked me about 4 times I sharply but not angrily responded, I don't have a loan with mom ! And I was totally conscious of this whole interaction but still in this really comfy world. After that I immediately left that interaction and went to a short heavy set granny with short curly grey hair rolling a very large roll of foam rubber towards me. This is where it all ends though, at that point the session started ramping back down towards 4Hz and I immediately snapped out of the interactions I was having and rode it comfortably all the way to the end. I also noticed one of the side effects was that I was in a great mood and felt very content afterward, I'm guessing it's because having been in theta land is like that. I really enjoyed it.

As you can see, this is why I'm sitting here now with a smile on my face after having mustered up a giggle or two as well. I'm definitely going to double the time and try it again another day. Can't wait.

It's a really simple program, anyone could write it but if someone would like me to post it I'd be more than happy to.

Last edited by SteveMod; 08-23-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Default Re: Theta Bath

Well, a half a day later I think I've actually stumbled on something here. Not imagining I'd get such great results I'm now going to double the time on this session and see what happens.

The amount of lasting mood elevation was amazing.

Here's Theta bath:

I'll post the expanded one to. I'll call it The ICBTM..........The Intercontinental Ballistic Theta Missile

BTW use a really nice pair of headphones to get the best results. I use my Kasina headphones. Love those phones. With the right choice of rubber seals they are the best phones you'll ever use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveMod; 08-26-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Very cool, Steve. If you don't mind, go ahead and add a little description and post it with the Procyon Sessions.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Very cool, Steve. If you don't mind, go ahead and add a little description and post it with the Procyon Sessions.
    Done.

Just stepped this up a notch by ordering the new super bright ganzframes. Excited to say the least.

Ok, so I tried the ICBTM theta missile last night and it is intense to say the least. What I came away with were results that were personal research task specific so I'm not sure I'd recommend the session for the general user. I do think the Theta bath session is a good one though, good for regular use.

The conclusion to what the results were with the Theta Missile are unknown. The positive side effects I did notice though were that the next day it felt wonderful to bask in silence. Normally, like a lot of human beings, I need some background noise in my life, TV, radio, music, sounds of nature............something. Today, silence was golden and it felt wonderful, not so much because noise was now annoying but I think something occurred during the session that made silence more appealing later on. I know, still sounds like annoyed with noise now silence is good, I don't think it was that. Another side effect was feeling wired but a very clean and alert wired unfortunately I did the session before bed and I stayed awake for longer than usual. I've been known to be a passionate person so experimenting with sessions before bed doesn't bother me at all I can always sleep well afterward, not this time. I think during the day this would be an awesome side effect though, my alertness felt very clean and clear. Last but not least was the elevated mood and an ability to handle stress a lot easier.

PS I'm going to remove the Theta Missile.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 08-24-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't see the need to remove it. Extremes can be good. Anyway it is totally up to you. The more possibilities the better I say.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks for sharing your theta experiences with us, Steve--definitely sounds like you entered the magical world of hypnagogia. One of my favorite applications of AVS is its ability to keep you suspended there for a longer period than you normally would while falling asleep. There is a fine book on the subject by Mavromatis entitled 'Hypnagogia: the unique state of consciousness between wakefulness and sleep', which you might find interesting.

-Robert

Thanks Robert I'll check it out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    I don't see the need to remove it. Extremes can be good. Anyway it is totally up to you. The more possibilities the better I say.
    I like your style Scott I feel the same way. My concern with this one was that I didn't want anyone to have a bad experience. I'll post it back up.

Thread Information