Thread: Improved session editor suggestion

1. Default Improved session editor suggestion

Heres my suggestion for a graphical session editor interface - at least a feature that can be integrated into existing ones

Mind_Mirror_Screen2-300x243.png

See that image - well how about you just shape the symmetrical brainwave pattern you want (by dragging on the bars) & the values are entered into the editor for frequencies automatically

It could ramp gently from a baseline frequency pattern

If somebody else doesn't make it I will

Blog Entries

Default Re: Improved session editor suggestion

Do you mean that it would create segments of each one of these frequencies? One after the other?

I understand somewhat but am interested to know more of how you envision this would work. Currently in KBS there is only one frequency per segment, so the symmetrical nature wouldn't work in this instance.

Please share more details.

Scotto
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Improved session editor suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Do you mean that it would create segments of each one of these frequencies? One after the other?

I understand somewhat but am interested to know more of how you envision this would work. Currently in KBS there is only one frequency per segment, so the symmetrical nature wouldn't work in this instance.

Please share more details.

Scotto
    I'm not sure as I have not used the session editor in years

There has got to be a way to implement this - possibly goggles with more leds would be required?

Or simply the resulting overlapping pattern would be output to the leds on any AVE glasses - most obvious way to do it

So it may require coding of a new session designer or simply drive the LEDS from audiostrobe

But the basic premise is quick & easy implementation of ideal therapeutic waveforms patterning (mind mirror) without the expensive mind mirror eeg device

98-m1-3.gif

reiki1.gif

all+together+on+one+page10-19-2010-2.gif

Maybe some existing sound editor actually has a similar feature?

If it must be done through a sound editor rather than the session editor - thats fine it would just mean coding a suitable plugin

Ha ha I see you have made plugins for audacity already http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...-Machine-Suite

I wonder can this be made to work in audacity?
    Last edited by gareth; 08-01-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries

You are looking at what started at least as Mind Mirror patterns. You can see a long video on what they mean by Anna Wise on our YouTube channel.

These are idealized EEG patterns but depend heavily on steep band filtered EEG data. Anna Wise and her mentor Max Cade invented an early EEG that displayed them.

They didn't induce these patterns by stimulation necessarily. And if one was to attempt to create stimulation that induced them, then several bands of stacked waveforms would be required. Assumably in a type of harmonic ratio.

Really, this type of display was meant for realtime EEG feedback and then the user would make internal mental adjustments to strive for the ideal display. There is a BioExplorer file on the site here that I uploaded (search Mind Mirror) that mimics it in software.

Maybe you are already familiar with all this?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

The BioExplorer file is here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...2311-Anna-Wise

The Anna Wise video on our channel is here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l0PbIAqxJKo

Blog Entries

Maybe I'm not understanding. The displays above are not a waveform they are a graph of a pattern of filtered EEG. Basically the bars represent the band power of the brainwave bands at a moment in time in an idealized balance. So you would not create a contiguous single signal that is 'playing back' this as a stimulus.

The Equisync marketing materials are trying to demonstrate that their session levels boost band power in selective ranges. I interpret this as an illustration more so than an actual graph of data.

I guess I have to ask what you mean by ideal therapeutic waveform patterning? That is what is not clear to me.

7. Default Re: Improved session editor suggestion

My interpretation is that you can at least reinforce the pattern using entrainment

So entrainment in certain frequencies would need to be entrained more strongly which I assume would just mean a greater driving stimulus for that frequency

So yes it should definitely be possible to entrain a specific combination of frequencies simultaneously at a desired ratio

There is bound to be some research on it somewhere

...and yes there definitely would be a single signal that combines the overlapping signals

Easier with sound as we can control the volume

With LEDs you would need a brighter flash for the hi power bands & dimmer flash for the lower power

All of it overlapping in the same session

Blog Entries

Anna had a favorite pattern called the Awakened Mind pattern but she also had developed (along with Cade) a whole symbolic language by which she interpreted patterns. Her point was that it was natural for meditators to enter this pattern, especially if they were able to view their brainwaves in realtime. She used what I assume was a relatively slow refresh rate so the patterns had stability. Robert can comment on this more. He knew her personally and used an actual Mind Mirror.

What is not commonly known is what the internal circuitry was doing to balance band power. Delta amplitude is much higher than say gamma. So there was filtering applied.

People including me come up with all kinds of elaborate schemes to present stimuli. Still, the science of simple stimulation is not well covered enough. And decently high resolution affordable, consumer EEGs are just recently available. You will still pay around a thousand USD for a workable package, which includes software and hardware.

Theorizing is fun and I think the brain can be influenced by stacked harmonic frequencies. But one must work in conjunction with measuring tools to draw any valid conclusions.

Do you have an EEG?

BTW, I'm not trying to discourage you at all. It is a fascinating and worthy pursuit.

Blog Entries

I will say also that I have toyed around with waveforms generated by additive synthesizers, which create controllable harmonic stacks. I've created say binaural or monaural beats from them. I have wondered if Monroe did the same thing? I can't say with confidence that any real advance has been made yet though.

10. Default Re: Improved session editor suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    I will say also that I have toyed around with waveforms generated by additive synthesizers, which create controllable harmonic stacks. I've created say binaural or monaural beats from them. I have wondered if Monroe did the same thing? I can't say with confidence that any real advance has been made yet though.
    I assume that's what monro & others do to create tapes

I have a nearly assembled openEEG - just need to program & test it.

I want to make a much better device from intan chips when I have a grand or two spare

I also would like to make an fNIRS at some point

What I do have working is skin temp, thought stream, EMG, CES, tDCS,

My openEEG has 3 analog boards but its just a learning tool really with a low number of channels

Thread Information