Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New user - any tips?

Default Re: New user - any tips?

I have been using the Kasina quite a while now with variable results. I have the feeling there is a lot of potential, but it is an insturment you have to learn to use, similar like learning a new craft or acquiring a new skill. I have been visiting the forum regularly too, and my impression is that users that are hooked immediately by the device either have experience in AVS, meditation, or both. Of course this is just my opinion. Anyway, lately I took an interest in emptying my mind completely and giving it so to say a break, instead of expecting it to come with creative ideas just by daydreaming, and I am trying to stop my thought carousel whenever I catch myself thinking anything irrelevant to the present moment. I am doing that on my forest walks and while using the Kasina. I think the Kasina can't stop my mind on its own, at the moment it feels that some effort is required from my side too. However, sessions have different purproses and some are made to help you ponder. Which would be the best to help you stop your thought stream and do you have any other tips on how to achieve that goal?

Blog Entries

This is a very personal journey for which there are no sure answers which work for all people.

It is a very good start to learn what having your thoughts stopped in their tracks actually feels like. I suggest you play this online game: http://www.stutterbox.co.uk/ Play with the settings to find the best delay setting that makes it impossible (nearly so) to continue to speak.

Once you know this is possible then you can slowly work to develop an 'observer' or 'gatekeeper' consciousness that operates in parallel to your own inner voice. This consciousness is like a crossing guard gently directing traffic to achieve the best flow. Mantras help, much as the cross guard uses hand signals to initiate action.

In the context of AVS there is a flow within the 'spaces' between flashes. When your consciousness becomes aligned with the pulses then they can be all consuming, each moment full of sufficient information to fully engage all processing. That is the meaning of being in the 'now'. When you become so deeply interested and fascinated with your current experience that there is no room for anything else.

A very good topic of conversation and a worthy pursuit. Thanks for reading.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: New user - any tips?

I like the idea of sharing the avs experience - but wondering why you reference two different splitter cables in your post. Do they have different fuctionality, or will any audio splitter cable work for the glasses?

Blog Entries

Hi Mike,
    You need a splitter cable that passes all of the connections straight through. It has to be a TRRS splitter (tip, ring, ring, sleeve). Many TRRS splitters are designed for phones that rewire the connector for a headphone and mic. You don't want one of these. You want a splitter like this one: http://amzn.to/1URhEDW This one is verified to work. TRRS splitters used to be a rare item and we had trouble finding them. Now they are rather common but be careful what you choose. You should be able to locate one in your country.

The splitter I recommend above is a dual splitter for 2 users. There is also the possibility of a 3 user splitter. Do keep in mind that each split puts a load on the glasses and pulls down the overall brightness for each. A dual splitter setup is not very noticeable, a 3 user split is noticeable. For the DV glasses a dual splitter is preferred.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: New user - any tips?

Thank you Scott - it is indeed tricky to find a 4-pole 3.5mm splitter but I think I finally got lucky - http://www.amazon.de/Speedlink-Kopfh...ilpage_o00_s00

It didn't keep me from trying a 3-pole audio splitter of course ;-)
    Works as such - except that there was no blue light at all - is that what the fourth pole is transmitting? I was wondering whether this couldn't be used intentionally if one wanted to do a SS session but avoid the blue light, e.g. before going to bed.

Best regards
    Michael

Blog Entries

I'd have to check the wiring again but each conductor sends signals for both left and right. I don't remember them as being the same color but maybe. The polarity of the 2 signals is reversed so depending on the connector it could create problems if the common ground signal is filtered on one of the sides. The best way to check is to use a KBS session with ColorPreset1 - RGB. Then you could see exactly what is filtered.

Thread Information