Thread: What is the upper frequency range for this device?

1. Default What is the upper frequency range for this device?

I want to experiment with gamma frequencies & dont own a kasina yet

My proteus only goes up to 50hz

What is the upper limit for the kasina lights?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is the upper frequency range fro this device?

50hz is well within gamma range. In fact most people will see flicker this fast as a solid field. It would be unusual to go higher than this. Most gamma sessions focus on 40hz stimulation.

The limit imposed on the say the Proteus or the Procyon (which is 75hz) is determined by the internal clock speed or the bit resolution of the onboard processor (among other complex factors) On the Kasina a KBS session has this type of upper limitation, capped at 65hz.

AudioStrobe or SpectraStrobe sessions depending on what is used to create them could exceed these frequencies on any of our devices. However, again this is beyond our perception. For instance many screens flicker at 60hz or 85hz as well as some lighting.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: What is the upper frequency range fro this device?

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    50hz is well within gamma range. In fact most people will see flicker this fast as a solid field. It would be unusual to go higher than this. Most gamma sessions focus on 40hz stimulation.

The limit imposed on the say the Proteus or the Procyon (which is 75hz) is determined by the internal clock speed or the bit resolution of the onboard processor (among other complex factors) On the Kasina a KBS session has this type of upper limitation, capped at 65hz.

AudioStrobe or SpectraStrobe sessions depending on what is used to create them could exceed these frequencies on any of our devices. However, again this is beyond our perception. For instance many screens flicker at 60hz or 85hz as well as some lighting.
    Yes but the entrainment effect will still be working in your brain at say 100 HZ even though you dont see it

Lets face it those old monitors got away with being 60hz - but probably they had a gamma entrainment effect on PC users

I am pretty keen on a Kasina anyway but will experiment with my old proteus to create some Gamma frequency sessions. I am aware of the 40hz frequency synchronicity effect but similar effects occur in the brain up around 100hz also

I am looking for relevant research papers if you can suggest any - have found quite a few

Definitely there is entrainment at 100hz

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/24/38/8278.full

Blog Entries

I have no particular expertise in this area but it is fascinating.

It is an interesting article you have linked. I will read it more thoroughly. As mentioned many times throughout it, billions of humans have for decades been exposed to at least 60hz flicker routinely from televisions and video displays. Not to mention electromagnetic pollution. One could argue that this has a deleterious effect or maybe even some would contend it serves as a positive stressor that evolves our consciousness. Decades is miniscule in the scheme of things.

The question of whether LEDs would have sufficient contrast for entrainment at these rates is worth researching. Every 'solid' LED that we see in use is flickering at a really fast rate, certainly above 50hz.

I suppose the question is what effect on consciousness would it potentially have? This is my area of interest. Although I agree that knowing the effects of these high flicker rates is important as there is such a wide exposure.

Personally, with stimulus at these rates, I would use CES or tACS (especially) to bypass the perceptual system and act more directly.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

BTW, on the Proteus or Kasina if you rewire glasses or make your own where 2 channels are fed into one LED (or sets on each side) and you use an 'alternating' setting (phase 180) between 2 channels, then you can double the frequency output.

So, Proteus could do up to 100hz or the Kasina could do up to 130hz.

I could demonstrate the wiring if you want.

6. Default Re: What is the upper frequency range fro this device?

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    BTW, on the Proteus or Kasina if you rewire glasses or make your own where 2 channels are fed into one LED (or sets on each side) and you use an 'alternating' setting (phase 180) between 2 channels, then you can double the frequency output.

So, Proteus could do up to 100hz or the Kasina could do up to 130hz.

I could demonstrate the wiring if you want.
    Yes please I am trained in electronics

I did find plenty of data here is another report:

http://www.unifr.ch/inph/vclab/asset...ysiol.2011.pdf

Blog Entries

By the way I tested AudioStrobe max stable frequency on the Proteus and Procyon and it is way, way up there... 550hz on the Proteus, Procyon digital mode 1200hz, Procyon analog mode (which was a retrofit after release) 60hz...

I got sidetracked and didn't test the Kasina, so I still need to do that.

Scott

Thread Information