Thread: ThoughtStream Electrodes are avalable now

1. Default ThoughtStream Electrodes are avalable now

I just bought two from mindplace.pl

you will have to google to find them

UPDATE: they just told me they are out too - sorry
    Last edited by gareth; 06-12-2015 at 01:38 PM.

2. Default Re: ThoughtStream Electrodes are avalable now

Well this turned out bad

The mindplace.pl were very helpfull and sent me the last two remaining electrodes. But they got lost in the mail - I never got them.

I'm totally pissed. If anybody knows of alternative electrodes that will work please let me know thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: ThoughtStream Electrodes are avalable now

Hi Gareth,
    What is the back story to this? What happened to your original electrodes? Did you ask us, MindPlace corporate, for electrodes? We should have some available. mindplace.pl is not an 'official' site. People tend to steal our name as we can't possibly afford to buy every single domain in existence.

Do you want to order from us?

By the way, they are pretty easy to make, or at least get something close. Steel guitar picks on your fingers can work well.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Another option is conductive tape like copper tape with conductive adhesive. You can put 2 pieces of this tape onto elastic or velcro. You could even use aluminum foil. Some people in DIY projects use US pennies because of the copper. So coins can work. There is also conductive fabrics available.

The connector is a simple 3.5mm mono audio jack. You just need to solder this wire to the electrodes. In the case of copper tape just stick the tape to the bare wire. You could use hot glue or electrical tape to surround the leads.

Anyway, the ThoughtStream sends out a very small micro-current so there is no danger.

Again, we can probably get you original electrodes, or there are many options to make your own.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: ThoughtStream Electrodes are avalable now

I have asked more than once & was always told you were sold out & none available - I also tried to make my own but the device did not work properly

If you have some I would like to buy some please.

Blog Entries

I'll ask Robert. He is out of the country at the moment but will return next week. I can still reach him by email.

I know there was a whole group of TS handsets that had a 4 conductor cable on them (or was it 3 not totally sure) but anyway they were a little different but work just fine. I myself have like 3 or 4 extras of these. If Robert doesn't have extra then I'll send you one.

7. Default Re: ThoughtStream Electrodes are avalable now

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    I'll ask Robert. He is out of the country at the moment but will return next week. I can still reach him by email.

I know there was a whole group of TS handsets that had a 4 conductor cable on them (or was it 3 not totally sure) but anyway they were a little different but work just fine. I myself have like 3 or 4 extras of these. If Robert doesn't have extra then I'll send you one.
    That would be much appreciated

8. Default Re: ThoughtStream Electrodes are avalable now

Quote Originally Posted by gareth View Post
    That would be much appreciated
    Well I am happy today

I just got my two sensors in the mail from Poland - a whole month late thanks to the post

So I wont need to buy any more

thanks

Thread Information