Thread: Procyon - First Impressions

Thumbs up Procyon - First Impressions

I received my Procyon in the mail (thanks, Marisa) and here are my first impressions (all positive):

1. Head phones - suitable. I have a pair that cost as much as the Procyon, so for those audiophiles, you bought the Procyon for what it does, not for the headphone.

2. Ganzframes - work well. Think of these as fine instruments that you must handle appropriately.

3. Cords and cables. All in order.

4. Manual. Good. I went right to programm #35 for a quick test.

5. Procyon controller. Light weight (w/o batteries). What could be easier: advance LED number to your selected program. Press Start / Stop. It's that simple.

6. First experience with an AVS system: AMAZING!

I tried it for about a minute and someone else in the office asked to try it. Within 5 minutes, four engineers had tried it. One was worried about the possibility of seizures (but he didn't have one) and the others joked about it, then they were very impressed with the quick experience.

In words, my first one minute experience was like being in the teleport / transporter of Star Trek. The sound and light stimulus was extremely interesting and comfortable. I decided that I would wait for my lunch break to give it a full 15 minute demo.

As I said, my first impression is this is simply AMAZING.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon - First Impressions

Hi Art,

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I received my Procyon in the mail (thanks, Marisa) and here are my first impressions (all positive)
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please feel free to make suggestions if there is anything you would like to see improved. You can even do a wish list if you'd like.

1. Head phones - suitable. I have a pair that cost as much as the Procyon, so for those audiophiles, you bought the Procyon for what it does, not for the headphone.
    Exactly. The headphones are really the best we can do for the money. To improve the quality of headphones would make the product more expensive. I have a pair of Bose Noise Canceling Headphones (Sound man husband = really good gear! LOL) - that I use with mine and yup, they are expensive! But worth it.

2. Ganzframes - work well. Think of these as fine instruments that you must handle appropriately.
    The Ganzframes are a new feature that we added to products this year. They are a big improvement on what we use to have for light frames - The old ones were larger and they had bigger LEDs, which people with flatter faces found to be uncomfortable.

6. First experience with an AVS system: AMAZING!
    Yay!

I tried it for about a minute and someone else in the office asked to try it. Within 5 minutes, four engineers had tried it. One was worried about the possibility of seizures (but he didn't have one) and the others joked about it, then they were very impressed with the quick experience.
    In reality, very few people will have a seizure as the result of using the machine. The people that are prone to seizures because of flickering lights can not handle strobe lights and the flickering of the TV or video games may also set them off. They'll usually know that they are sensitive in this way - way before they ever try a machine. Good for you though of asking ahead of time before you let someone try it.

In words, my first one minute experience was like being in the teleport / transporter of Star Trek. The sound and light stimulus was extremely interesting and comfortable. I decided that I would wait for my lunch break to give it a full 15 minute demo.

As I said, my first impression is this is simply AMAZING.
    Wonderful to hear! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about your Procyon. We are really good with our warranties. In addition, if someone buys a machine from me because of a referral from you, you will receive a "referral reward gift" - so make sure you tell them to tell me who referred them - or you can send me an email and let me know.

M.

3. Default Re: Procyon - First Impressions

Hi Art,

Welcome to the light trippers.

I too didn't really expect much of the headphones and replaced them straight away. I didn't use any of my headphones from the studio, but really just used some good consumer earbud-style headphones.

I didn't really want to lie in my bed with my big beyerdynamics on.

Hope you continue to enjoy them. I'm not sure for what purpose you bought them, but I'm having fun exploring the technology in general using the Procyon. Good luck for whatever journey you're starting.

Regards
    Caleb

Default Re: Procyon - First Impressions

Well, for many years I have known about biofeedback, but there are so many things to do in life. I became interested in mind machines recently as a result of watching a video of Dr. Nick Begich, son the the US congressman from Alaska (the father died in a plane crash in the 1970's) who was asked his thoughts about 'hemi-sync'. What Nick said was that, for example, a study of a group of children diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed medication were given the opportunity to use a mind machine. Apparently, after about 1 month, these children were able to go off their meds because their symptoms were greatly reduced.

Nick also explained that HAARP - the High Altitude Aurora Research Project - station in Alaska is able to heat up the ionosphere causing it to expand. As well, HAARP is known to emit low frequency EM waves near the frequency that the brain can detect and entrain to. As a result, Dr. Begich explained that HAARP may be able to affect large numbers of people's minds at great distances without their knowledge or permission.

So, on the basis of Dr. Begich's information, I decided to investigate the mind machine market and his website - earthpulse.com - has a Proteus featured their along with information on hemi-sync.

After this, I simply decided that shortly I would buy one and give it a try. I have no outrageous expectations. I wear contact lenses to correct my vision. I have lifted weights to build strength for athletics. Why not deploy a mind machine if it can have a positive effect?

Thread Information