Thread: Firmware 1.14 Update

Blog Entries

Default Firmware 1.14 Update

Kasina FW 1.14 is posted to the support site here: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/

What's new:

Language support

With this update, you now have a choice of English, Czech, German and Russian text for the main interface.

Loop playback

You can now play your favorite SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe session over and over in a loop. To turn this feature on or off, navigate to Settings/General, Loop Playing, press the middle button and then select ‘yes’ or ‘no’. Then press the middle button again to lock that setting.
    To use it, simply select a session within a folder and start it by pressing the RIGHT button, instead of the usual middle button. Each session below (and including) the selected track will play in sequence, then repeat.

Fast forward

When playing SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe sessions, you can now pause the session, and use the right key to fast forward through the audio file.

Note: loop playback and fast forward do not work with KBS files. The right key is used to select the modulation depth of any AUX audio input.

This release works in conjunction with the new playlist organization features in the KBS Editor v1.5 available in the Browser. The KBS Editor and walkthrough videos are here: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/#software

Enjoy!
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-22-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Firmware 1.14 Update

Hello,

I would have a suggestion for a later update if other users would find it useful too:
    The right button is used to fast forward. Could it be possible to configure the right button so that if we press just once, it does "a jump" of e.g. 10 seconds and long pressing the right button would be as now = usual fast forward.

I listen to some guided sessions on the Kasina and after hearing them a few times, I find it annoying to have to go through all the "introduction" which can last a few seconds to 3-4-5 minutes. It would be nice to directly jump to the "next chapter" as we can do on a DVD. I feel it would be easier and quicker to reach the spot in the session from where we want to start with that configuration.
    But then we might go too much forward, so it would be nice to have the left button configure as a "Rewind" button.

Have a nice day.

Isabelle

Blog Entries

Default Re: Firmware 1.14 Update

Thank you for the suggestions, Isabelle!

Why not just edit the session so it starts where you like?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information