Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

1. Default Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

OK - I've tried this session three times and have become irritable every time. I've had experiences with light and sound that have seemed to suspend time and last night I think I was almost getting this effect for a while with session 27. This would be quite desirable with this session I imagine.

But in one of the segment shifts I just found myself becoming suddenly irritable and I closed the session.

Unfortunately, I can't sit up and look at the unit and see what segment I'm in or how long the session has been running. So the next time I try it I'm going to start a stop watch before I begin and then track back to the segment(s) that start bothering me. Thanks to the factory settings now being supplied I'm able to do this. I might even be able to adjust it to serve me better.

Regards
    Caleb

Default Re: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

Interesting! Sounds like a prime candidate for modification. Try opening the session in the Editor and running it from there--you could then quickly isolate and modify the offending segment(s). I hope you post when you do that, so we can see what frequency etc. combination caused your response.

-Robert

3. Default Re: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

Yeah - I really should get back to experimenting with that session. I think one thing I've noticed about the Procyon sessions is that quite often they jump around a bit and the transition is not really smooth.

I'm not sure if this is to give a dissociative effect, but it can jangle my nerves and start to have a negative rather than a positive effect. I can't be sure of this mind you, it's just a feeling I have when thinking about it.

I can quite often get suddenly restless through a session for some reason I can't put my finger on. Last night I had an AudioStrobe session that I created leave me in one of those "I must move" frames of mind and this was heading into the 7Hz territory. I'm not sure if this was a personal irritation that I had set the volume too low when constructing the session (because I had) or something else.

Again - must look at that session in the editor and check it out.

Regards
    Caleb

4. Default Re: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

You know - I opened up this session in the editor and I couldn't see anything in the program that indicated that it would be anything but smooth transitioning from one segment to the next.

This is odd - because I just seemed to take away from the experience that the transition between segments felt "rough".

Will try this segment again tonight and see if I get the same impression.

Regards
    Caleb

5. Default Re: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

I tried the session last night and I think it was more effective.
    I didn't get as much of a "rough" feeling between segments as I remembered.

I didn't find that it got me deep enough though - always searching for that session that makes me lose all sense of time and space.

Regards
    Caleb

I use session #26 - 45 minutes seems better for me. And here is the thing, I have done this about 4 times before sleep, and last night I had a lucid dream. Go figure.

Blog Entries

Hi Art,

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I use session #26 - 45 minutes seems better for me. And here is the thing, I have done this about 4 times before sleep, and last night I had a lucid dream. Go figure.
    Do you remember what happened that clued you in that you were dreaming? What did you change in the dream?

M.

Marisa,

Lucid dreams are (by definition) those in which you become aware of a more active identity in the dream. Most dreams offer limited self-awareness, but lucid dreams are like an alternate reality where one knows of both realities. In my recent dream, the situation was particularly challenging, but was made less so by becoming more aware of my options for action in the situation. As I was able to think of the options more, it then became obvious I was aware I was in a dream. This concept of increased awareness applies to 'normal' waking states, as well as how they connect together into 'phases' of our lives. We can become aware of how our situations are created by the limitations on options for actions we allow ourselves. This is now in the realm of noticing how our beliefs throttle or suppress realization of our opportunities for improving or radically altering our situations (we hope for the better).
    Last edited by Art; 05-24-2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: fixed typo

9. Default Re: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

Art - are you saying you just became aware that you were dreaming and then exerted control over the dream's outcome? Or are you saying that you became aware that you were dreaming and then did something completely different?

Depending on what philosophy you're into, you could say that remaining in the dream but in control of the dream is actually a poor cousin to the power of lucid dreaming to strip away the dream - the projections of the subconscious mind - and explore the astral dimension etc...

Of course, with something as subjective as lucid dreaming and astral projection I always follow the theory that as soon as someone says they have the answer - that's when you know they don't.

Regards
    Caleb

I became aware of myself in the dream and then continued in the dream, which was a difficult situation, but I was able to more consciously choose what appropriate action to take in the dream. You may have experience that when one dreams of a difficult situation, say being chased by a bear, that normally one is unable to accept that because it is a dream, you may stop and face the bear. In this lucid dream, I become aware that the dream presented me with a situation where I could act differently - the choice was mine to make.

This is a very powerful paradigm. Let's assume that the dream represents various self-created actors in an apparently real and emotionally charged drama. If one of the actors is indeed appearing as a bear (for example), then turning and facing the bear - which requires one to overcome the fear of a horrible death by mauling - now presents the subconscious mind creating the bear with the requirement to maul or do something else - maybe transform into a yogi (yogi bear - get it?).

Maybe you have read some of Carlos Castenada's work about the subject's (it may all be fiction) experience with Don Juan, a Yaqui indian shaman. In these series of books, the concept of 'seeing' is presented in many ways very similar to what I ave described above in my lucid dreaming. Don Jaun (perhaps a fictional person) teaches that the world is an illusion and that when one 'sees' one sees the real world.

It seems to me that what may in fact be the concept is that perception (normal conscious seeing with our eyes) is heavily influenced by ours and what we perceive as others' highly limiting beliefs about reality. You can read about this also in Richard Bach's books Jonathon Livingston Seagull and Illusions (Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah), where the lesson presented is not to allow onself to be limited by acquiessence to the fear-laden, bottom-feeding 'hardened' beliefs (spell LIVE backwards) that are manifesting in the world today as global politics and the rights of the individual in a free society.

What happens if we turn and face the bear?
    Last edited by Art; 05-25-2007 at 05:02 AM. Reason: fixed spelling

Thread Information