Thread: KBS Ramping

1. Default KBS Ramping

Ramping

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I have a question about ramping:

1. Do all the components of each segments ramp to the next by default? For example, if Seg#1 has a 100 Brightness and Seg#2 has 80 Brightness, will the Brightness ramp down to 80 over the duration of Seg#1? Or does the brightness drop down immediately to 80 at the commencement of Seg#2?

2. Are there any components that don't ramp? (I suspect the Phase ones don't.)

Blog Entries

Default Re: KBS Ramping

Yes, the settings ramp across the whole duration of the segment. So how long the segment is determines the speed of the change. All parameters can ramp including phase.

If you didn't want a setting to ramp then you leave it the same in the next segment. Or if you wanted a quick change, like say you have phase set at 50% (alternating) and you wanted to quickly go to synchronized lights (100%), then you put in a segment between them with the desired value setting and set its time to 0. It would then 'jump' to the value and proceed to the next segment without any transition.

Some of the Sirius sessions do this.

There is a menu command that does this btw, Add Jump Segment.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 04-19-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Proper menu command name
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: KBS Ramping

Thanks, the Add Jump Segment feature makes things very easy.

Thread Information