Thread: Help needed..with using ThoughtStream usb and Neuro-programmer3!

Default Help needed..with using ThoughtStream usb and Neuro-programmer3!

Hi there, I have been trying to get my Thoughtstream and Np3 software to work together on my new laptop (windows 8), so far the farthest I have gotten is to the com port selection. It seems (np3) is to not be able to see my TS, I have downloaded and opened both the divers and the interface which can not detect the TS as well! I went to serial ports on the usb interface and all the ports are in red. Can anyone help please as it feels like this has been going on forever!

Regards mrl

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help needed..with using ThoughtStream usb and Neuro-programmer3!

Hello mrl;

There are a few possibilities:
    1. Driver is not installed or did not install correctly
    2. USB cable is bad
    3. USB port is bad

Since the first is most likely, let's go through the install procedure and also install the TS logging software.

The software and driver for the Thoughtstream is here.
    The Driver link is shown on that page as Thoughtstream USB driver and the file is called CP210x_VCP_Windows_v6.7.zip.
    After downloading that file, double-click on it to open the archive, and choose "extract all". Choose an easy-to-find location on your computer (like your desktop) to place the extracted files. double-click the install.cmd and follow the instructions to install the driver for the Thoughtstream USB.

Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the driver, you can download and install the Thoughtstream Interface software (USB version) from that same location. That file will be called TS_USB_Interface_2_10.zip.
    After downloading that file, double-click on it to open the zip file, and then click on "Extract All Files" and choose a location to extract them to that's easy to find.
    Once the files have extracted, find those extracted files and double-click on setup.exe. Follow the instructions to install the software.

Next, you can plug in your Thoughtstream USB to your computer using the supplied USB cable, and you should get a "new hardware found" window and the driver will take a few moments to install itself. As it's installing a small popup window usually appears in your taskbar tray at the bottom right corner of your screen. When the driver has finished installing, you should see a message that shows which COM port it has installed for the Thoughtstream. Make note of that COM port number as it will help in configuring the Interface software.

Once the driver has completed it's install, run the Thoughtstream USB interface software, which should be a link on your Start Menu.
    In the program, click on the Serial Port menu item and select Set Comm Port. Select the COM port that you saw in the pop-up window when installing the driver, or if you don't remember it, select the highest non-red COM port number.

Attach the sensor to your hand as normal, and power up the Thoughtstream USB if you haven't already, and once it's calibrated itself, select the menu item Session and select Start. You should now see the graph start drawing on the screen of you relaxation/energy state.

For further help and operation of the software, you should download and read through the Thoughtstream USB Software Manual which goes into detail the operation of the software.

Please let me know how you make out with all of this.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Help needed..with using ThoughtStream usb and Neuro-programmer3!

Thanks Andy, that worked !

Thread Information