Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Blog Entries

Default Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

2. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

The wizard is fantastic! I tested it out by creating a 25 minute visualisation session. The session it made was incredible - one of the best AVS experiences I've ever had!

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by zu_king; 04-17-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

That's awesome. Thanks so much. The Wizard allows us to be smart and speedy, but lazy, my favorite combination!
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Haha! Mine too. But since it allows you to edit afterwards it's an awesomely practical tool.

5. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

I wanted to install the new Version on my MacBook. But unfortunately no more support for MAC OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) :-( ... any idea?

Blog Entries

I built a version for Snow Leopard. I just didn't know anyone else used it but me. It is on this page now: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/#software

There will be a point though at which I will have to branch away from this as my development software has moved on past SL and newer versions require Lion. Apple slashed and burned SL so they could lock down with the Gatekeeper junk (and other reasons, 64 bit being a big one)

The issue that will drive this the quickest is the lack of AVFoundation which replaces Quicktime. So all future audio related stuff (a lot of that) would have to be branched for this older system. We'll see what effort is required.

Looks like Microsoft is doing a similar thing with build tools, taking XP out of the picture. (which I also have an XP laptop that I run for electronics projects and it is very stable)

Anyway, this version hasn't been as thoroughly tested so use the 'Report a Bug' in the Help menu if you find something.

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by Andy; 01-06-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Fixed link

7. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Thanx a lot for this quick help. I?ve just installed the Kasina Basic Editor under MAC OS 10.68 (Snow Leopard). It seems to work, but I?ve already found some little bugs or maybe missing features? - for example I can?t move the points in the graphical view, and the preview doesn?t work). You will get my detailed report, when I tested it a bit more. Hopefully not even more sleepless nights for you...

Yes, times are changing... I even thought of upgrading to MAC OS LION, but normally I don?t like to change a running system... and by the ways ...It?s much better to spend the money for small companys like mindplace instead of Apple, Microsoft and so on...

Best from Germany,
    Ralf

Blog Entries

Hi Ralf,
    The preview definitely works on my Snow Leopard. I just tested again. You need to select the audio device you want to use prior to opening the software. In a future version I will put in a device browser.

On the Graph view, are you entering Edit mode? You do this by choosing the parameter you wish to edit in the menu under the graph that says 'Choose to Edit' or you can right click on the graph and from the menu choose the parameter. Editing is a 'mode' that needs to be enabled.

Again it works on my test system.

If it doesn't on yours then please use the Report a Bug menu item under Help so I can get information on your computer configuration which might help me spot something.

Thanks,
    Scott

9. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Hi... just a quick question... do you know if it's possible to preview more than one segment at a time? Sometimes I want to here two or three segments in a row... or even the whole session... without first saving it to my kasina. Just wondering if that's possible?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Not yet no. Trying to do it crossplatform requires more development time. So rather than keep it from release further I made this compromise to get the rest of the features in people's hands. Gives us all something to look forward to, hey?

Thread Information