Thread: Kasina or Procyon for programmers ?

1. Default Kasina or Procyon for programmers ?

Hello,
    I'm a completely newbie with mindmachines but i know exactly what i want. I am a python programmer and i want a machine which ist maximum programable via api/usb. I did visual programmings for the winamp-avs (i know, its a totally differnet principle) with python and also made a gui for the sox-audio tool with python. So which of that both lovely machines should i buy, the Kasina or the Procyon? For me the visual aspect is more importend, than the sound, i'm happy with simple binaural beats. As a none english speaking person i did my best to explain my problem

best, Sven

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina or Procyon for programmers ?

Hi Sven,
    Your decision would depend on if you want to focus on generating audio streams (which is where the light control power of the Kasina is strongest at the moment) or working with a binary text format. You could also use audio streams on any of our machines with AudioStrobe but the color palette is limited. The Kasina also has a binary format which is very simple at the moment but in the future is undergoing major expansion.

I do want to warn you that the Procyon format is quite complex. The main difficulty is that it does a type of binary compression to save space on the limited flash memory. If you chose to dedicate more space to your custom sessions then you could work with the large yet simpler format. Also, it is possible to control the Procyon in realtime using serial data. The Kasina can be controlled in realtime using audio.

Hope this helps and if you have more questions now and in the future we are very willing to provide all the needed information.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Kasina or Procyon for programmers ?

Hello Scott,
    thank you for your detailed answer. I read all I could get (or watch on YouTube) about Kasina and Procyon, both machines seem to be great! I will make my decision soon - can't wait

Best, Sven

Thread Information