Thread: Error: Unsupported File Format

1. Default Error: Unsupported File Format

I am a former Proteus user and have only had the Kasina for a few weeks. What a nice improvement! However, whenever I try to play files in the Meditate folder, particularly the Everglade session, the session will count down and start to play, but then will suddenly stop and display the "unsupported file format" error message. The file is the original mp3 that came with the Kasina. Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Error: Unsupported File Format

That's very strange! All the files on the included micro-SD card should be playable, obviously.
    Please click the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of this page and I will help you get the correct files or figure out what's going wrong.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Error: Unsupported File Format

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That's very strange! All the files on the included micro-SD card should be playable, obviously.
    It happened again. I spent a couple hours lying down with my Kasina and checking out the various tracks. Everything was playing well until I again went to the <Meditate> sub-folder of the <SpectraStrobe> folder. This time I got down to the <Relax> track. It started the countdown and began to play, then suddenly stopped with the message: "Unsupported File Format." I took the micro SD card out of the Kasina and plugged it into my laptop to check the files on it - every file is an mp3. I should note that this is not the original card that came with the Kasina but rather a 32 GB card that I transferred the original mp3 files to. The other variable is that I created some more folders with music to use with the Color Organ function. They are mp3 files as well, albeit with a 320 bit rate. Still, don't know why the sampling rate should matter, as long as they are mp3 format.

(Sure wish the Kasina would support FLAC files as this is the format of my entire music collection...)

What is going on here? Why am I getting the "unsupported file format" error???

Blog Entries

Default Re: Error: Unsupported File Format

I would guess that the formatting of the card is creating a problem. That is, there are bad blocks or something on the card.

This is the recommended utility for formatting cards: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

FLAC unfortunately requires huge amounts of memory which with all of the other processing the Kasina is doing simply could not be added. It was investigated.

Also, I do want to mention that bit rate does matter for AudioStrobe and SpectraStrobe. It should be 256kbps and above (320 is fine) For regular color organ files not so much.

You are having problems with only factory sessions correct? That again leads me to believe that either there was an issue with the factory duplication (which is done in a large run) Or if you know that they worked on the original card, then it is the formatting or some other issue with the new card.

As Andy said, contact him and we will sort it out, either with new file images or other measures.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information