Thread: Struggling with Fware 1.11 Update

Default Struggling with Fware 1.11 Update

I have followed the instructions as closely as possible, but am stuck in loading the new firmware - using Windows7.

I never got the USB Composition Device Installed Window.

I changed the firmware file as directed in the instructions, but now can not turn the Kasina on or off. I have a blank screen until I press the power button. Then the only thing I get is the screen you show in the firmware mode.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

I use the Kasina daily, how do I get it back?

PS The day prior to attempting the firmware update, my volume became linked to the max volume setting. I can move the max from 18 to 29, but the only volume I can get is identical to the max setting. The + & - buttons try to move the volume, but they settle back on the max setting.

Default Update to Struggling with Firmware Update

Note: S/N 2097215 purchased via Kenrick Cleveland of MaxPersuasion.

Default Re: Struggling with Fware 1.11 Update

Hello, Kuser79--

Sorry to hear about your locked up Kasina! When you connect your Kasina to your computer, then turn it on while holding the middle button, do you see a blue screen with six lines of white text? 'Kasina AVS' should be the top line. At this point, 'Kasina AVS' should appear as an external drive in Explorer, under Computer. Do you see that as well?

Also, the maximum volume has been factory preset to EU standards, but you can increase this significantly. Navigate to Settings, then Audio, then Max. Volume. Once you select that, use the 'up' key to increase this. The largest setting is 52, but recommend that you keep it around 45 or so as the very top setings might introduce a little noise into the signal path. Press the middle button to lock that in, and the left key to navigate back to the Main Menu. You can now increase the volume, and the red max. line is now to the far right of the volume display.

-Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Hello, Kuser79--

Sorry to hear about your locked up Kasina! When you connect your Kasina to your computer, then turn it on while holding the middle button, do you see a blue screen with six lines of white text? 'Kasina AVS' should be the top line. At this point, 'Kasina AVS' should appear as an external drive in Explorer, under Computer. Do you see that as well?

Also, the maximum volume has been factory preset to EU standards, but you can increase this significantly. Navigate to Settings, then Audio, then Max. Volume. Once you select that, use the 'up' key to increase this. The largest setting is 52, but recommend that you keep it around 45 or so as the very top setings might introduce a little noise into the signal path. Press the middle button to lock that in, and the left key to navigate back to the Main Menu. You can now increase the volume, and the red max. line is now to the far right of the volume display.

-Robert
    On the blue screen, yes I see it. In fact that is the ONLY thing I can get on the screen at this point.

It reads exactly:

Kasina AVS
    USB FW updater
    SN:2097215
    HW: Kasina AVS 1.2
    Bootloader:
    Kasina Boot 1.01

Almost 24 hrs later that is still all I can display.

As for the max volume issue, the max that is pre-set is fine for me. What has changed and gives me a problem is that since Sunday that max volume setting is the ONE AND ONLY volume available to me. I am adjusting the volume to my ears by positioning my ear buds.

The + and - buttons have no effect on the volume.

Blog Entries

Please click the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of this page, so I can help you get your Kasina repaired. It's not something we can do easily on the forum.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information